Is there an API or format guide for MTT results?

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Is there an API or format guide for MTT results?

Postby ValhallaDown » Wed May 24, 2023 4:36 am

America's Cardroom doesn't provide MTT results, thus all ACR MTT buy-ins etc. are not tracked. I can get a lot of the basic information for finished MTTs by parsing the (albeit cumbersome) exports that can be generated from their client.

If I could get a reference format for the MTT results PT4 expects for results I might be able to generate the text files to populate this information. Even better would be if there was an API to insert the results into the database. Is there any reference for the file structure for MTT results or is there an API available to attempt this via a plugin or similar?
ValhallaDown

Re: Is there an API or format guide for MTT results?

Postby Flag_Hippo » Wed May 24, 2023 12:16 pm

Documentation for the PokerTracker 4 API has been published here. PokerTracker's database is also open and accessible via pgAdmin which is installed with PostgreSQL and with this any and all data stored in your database can be accessed and does not require an API. With regards to the database structure the schema has not been published as it was for PokerTracker 3 however the meaning of database fields with the same names haven't changed in any significant way. If you have any further queries regarding the API you can follow up via a Support Ticket.
Flag_Hippo

Postby ValhallaDown » Wed May 24, 2023 2:35 pm

Flag_Hippo wrote:Documentation for the PokerTracker 4 API has been published here. PokerTracker's database is also open and accessible via pgAdmin which is installed with PostgreSQL and with this any and all data stored in your database can be accessed and does not require an API. With regards to the database structure, the schema has not been published as it was for PokerTracker 3 however the meaning of database fields with the same names haven't changed in any significant way. If you have any further queries regarding the API you can follow up via a Support Ticket.

Thanks, that helps. I've already started looking through the DB and can probably insert directly into it, but would like to take a crack at generating the raw text files for MTT results so it goes through any PT4 validation that is in place first (seems a little more reliable). Any chance you or anyone else has an example of the raw text PT4 expects for MTT results?

Thanks again!
ValhallaDown

Postby Flag_Hippo » Thu May 25, 2023 4:36 am

There isn't a single format of text that I can give you but if you have an example from ACR that imports correctly I'd suggest looking at that. If you have the SQL skills to modify the database then you are welcome to do so but I'm afraid this is beyond the scope of our forum support.
Flag_Hippo

Return to PokerTracker 4