MTT HUD - Pop for various stack depths?

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

MTT HUD - Pop for various stack depths?

Postby Viegaard » Tue Mar 07, 2023 5:50 pm

So say I have 500 hands on a player and we are on the final table and the average stack size is 20BB.

Is there a way to in real time filter so it only shows his VPIP/PFR/3B/F3B etc (all the stats in my standard HUD), but only for 20-ishBB depth play?
Viegaard

Re: MTT HUD - Pop for various stack depths?

Postby Flag_Hippo » Wed Mar 08, 2023 6:03 am

There are some tournament stack filters available via 'HUD -> Edit HUD Options':

Guide: Tournament Stack Filters
Flag_Hippo

Postby Viegaard » Wed Mar 08, 2023 10:33 am

Flag_Hippo wrote:There are some tournament stack filters available via 'HUD -> Edit HUD Options':

Guide: Tournament Stack Filters

Still a tiny bit confused. Can this be done live at the table? Or is this all for post-game analysis?
Viegaard

Postby Flag_Hippo » Thu Mar 09, 2023 6:38 am

Tournament stack filters are applied automatically to the data in the HUD based on the players stack whether that is playing live or post-game in the PokerTracker 4 replayer. Bear in mind these filters are not applied automatically if you are playing on PokerStars due to their rules on HUD usage and these filters have to be manually applied via the filter icon in the HUD.
Flag_Hippo

Postby Viegaard » Fri Mar 10, 2023 4:19 pm

Flag_Hippo wrote:Tournament stack filters are applied automatically to the data in the HUD based on the players stack whether that is playing live or post-game in the PokerTracker 4 replayer. Bear in mind these filters are not applied automatically if you are playing on PokerStars due to their rules on HUD usage and these filters have to be manually applied via the filter icon in the HUD.

Ahh. So on Stars, I want to have multiple HUDs say for 0-20BB 20-40 50+ and then manually as the turnament progress change active HUD to a HUD that only shows a certain stack size?
Viegaard

Postby Flag_Hippo » Sat Mar 11, 2023 6:13 am

That's not hows it works.

1. Tournament stack filters are applied to whichever HUD Profile is being used. If you change the HUD Profile being used on the table then the same filters will get applied to that profile as well.

2. The stack filters are not configurable so you cannot filter the data based the specific ranges you have mentioned (0-20, 20-40, 50+). If you want to see statistics based on other stack ranges then you would need to do that with custom statistics.
Flag_Hippo

Postby Viegaard » Tue Mar 14, 2023 11:54 pm

Flag_Hippo wrote:That's not hows it works.

1. Tournament stack filters are applied to whichever HUD Profile is being used. If you change the HUD Profile being used on the table then the same filters will get applied to that profile as well.

2. The stack filters are not configurable so you cannot filter the data based the specific ranges you have mentioned (0-20, 20-40, 50+). If you want to see statistics based on other stack ranges then you would need to do that with custom statistics.

So I cannot make a HUD and call it say 0-15 BB and then set VPIP/PFR/3-BET/C-bet stats all to only show hands in 0-15bb range?
Viegaard

Postby Flag_Hippo » Wed Mar 15, 2023 6:35 am

Viegaard wrote:So I cannot make a HUD and call it say 0-15 BB and then set VPIP/PFR/3-BET/C-bet stats all to only show hands in 0-15bb range?

As I mentioned if you want to see statistics based on ranges that are not available via stack filters then that will require custom statistics - this post shows how to create a custom statistic by stack size. See this guide for the basics on custom statistics creation and this guide for further details. While the latter was written for PokerTracker 3 and the user interface is different the techniques still apply to PokerTracker 4.
Flag_Hippo

Postby Viegaard » Wed Mar 15, 2023 6:56 pm

Flag_Hippo wrote:
Viegaard wrote:So I cannot make a HUD and call it say 0-15 BB and then set VPIP/PFR/3-BET/C-bet stats all to only show hands in 0-15bb range?

As I mentioned if you want to see statistics based on ranges that are not available via stack filters then that will require custom statistics - this post shows how to create a custom statistic by stack size. See this guide for the basics on custom statistics creation and this guide for further details. While the latter was written for PokerTracker 3 and the user interface is different the techniques still apply to PokerTracker 4.

Ahh. So I got to go "under the hood" to get it done.

Seems weird that you cant do it like you can set say Attempt To Steal, and then set it to only show ATS from BTN (By clicking in properties and then selecting position) - Would make sense to have it so you could easily via properties define a BB range for the given stat. Think that would be something you would consider if you got enough feedback?
Viegaard

Postby Flag_Hippo » Thu Mar 16, 2023 1:02 pm

Viegaard wrote:Seems weird that you cant do it like you can set say Attempt To Steal, and then set it to only show ATS from BTN (By clicking in properties and then selecting position) - Would make sense to have it so you could easily via properties define a BB range for the given stat. Think that would be something you would consider if you got enough feedback?

I don't know if that's feasible or not but if you want to be notified should configurable tournament stack size filters for the HUD be introduced then you can let us know in a Support Ticket.
Flag_Hippo

Return to PokerTracker 4