sb/bb and EV questions

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

sb/bb and EV questions

Postby TrollKentWolf » Wed Feb 01, 2023 7:50 am

Hello,i have 2 questions:
1)situation-HU,blinds are 10/20,we are on SB and successfully steal bb.Why trackers(PT4,HM2) show ChipsWon/NetWon(EV in fact)=+20 chips(1bb),at the same time calcs(HRC,Simple Nash) show EV=+30 chips(1,5bb),so which EV of steal is correct?
2)2)how PT4/HM2 counts Net Adjusted/$EV,does it make this in every single hand(like for ChipEV) or only for hands,where we went all-in before river?Why in this 1$ spin with prize pool=3$ PT4 shows Net Adjusted=-0,38$,but HT and HM2 show EV and $EV=-0,43$?:
PT4.png
PT4.png (2.3 KiB) Viewed 1438 times

HM2.png
ChipEV=-300+186=-114 ; $EV=-1+0,57=-0,43$
HM2.png (8.37 KiB) Viewed 1438 times

HT.png
TrollKentWolf

Re: sb/bb and EV questions

Postby Flag_Hippo » Wed Feb 01, 2023 1:43 pm

TrollKentWolf wrote:1)situation-HU,blinds are 10/20,we are on SB and successfully steal bb.Why trackers(PT4,HM2) show ChipsWon/NetWon(EV in fact)=+20 chips(1bb),at the same time calcs(HRC,Simple Nash) show EV=+30 chips(1,5bb),so which EV of steal is correct?

PokerTracker 4 does not use the term 'Expected Value' or have any 'EV' statistics - see this guide:

Guide: All-In Equity

In this hand where you won 20 chips the actual result and the adjusted result are the same because there was no all-in. There will only be a difference between the actual result and the adjusted result when adjusted equity is calculated in an all-in hand.
TrollKentWolf wrote:2)how PT4/HM2 counts Net Adjusted/$EV,does it make this in every single hand(like for ChipEV) or only for hands,where we went all-in before river?Why in this 1$ spin with prize pool=3$ PT4 shows Net Adjusted=-0,38$,but HT and HM2 show EV and $EV=-0,43$?:

PokerTracker 4 calculates net adjusted results using the Independent Chip Model (ICM):

Guide: Net Adjusted Winnings

You can verify the calculations on your own hands using this model. If you need assistance with that or believe there is an error in the calculation you can attach your examples to a Support Ticket.
Flag_Hippo

Postby TrollKentWolf » Wed Feb 01, 2023 6:54 pm

PT4 has ChipsWon stat,which shows +20 chips.My question is why not 30(which all calcs show)?Only one number should be correct or am i missing something?I mean it`s critically important,especially when stacks are ultralow.When you have 2,5bb stack,knowing that you win 1 or 1,5bb makes HUGE difference in a shove range,so i GOT to know which is right.
As for the second question, please tell me just one thing - does Net Adjusted counts in every hand(like counting ChipEV) or only where we went all-in?
TrollKentWolf

Postby Flag_Hippo » Thu Feb 02, 2023 8:43 am

TrollKentWolf wrote:PT4 has ChipsWon stat,which shows +20 chips.My question is why not 30(which all calcs show)?Only one number should be correct or am i missing something?I mean it`s critically important,especially when stacks are ultralow.When you have 2,5bb stack,knowing that you win 1 or 1,5bb makes HUGE difference in a shove range,so i GOT to know which is right.

In your example if you successfully steal the BB from the SB you win 20 chips. You finish the hand with 20 more chips than you started the hand with so that's what you won. The 10 chips you posted yourself from the SB don't form a part of any net winnings. If, for example, you successfully stole the SB & BB from the BTN then 'Chips Won' would be 30.
TrollKentWolf wrote:As for the second question, please tell me just one thing - does Net Adjusted counts in every hand(like counting ChipEV) or only where we went all-in?

Adjusted equity calculations in PokerTracker 4 only take place in hands where there was an all-in but not every all-in hand. For example if you raise all-in preflop but nobody calls then there is no adjusted equity calculation.
Flag_Hippo

Return to PokerTracker 4