Time Change

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Time Change

Postby AdamK123 » Sat Jan 21, 2023 12:07 am

Hi, when I view my hands on PT4 it gets the the time wrong by a few hours. How do I change my time zone in PT4?

Also, I am looking for a card catcher for Coin Poker and I found one on advanced poker tool website using the link on the PT4 software. However, when I try to download it with a couple browsers it says that there is a threat and a virus. Is there a way to get a hand grabber to use for Coin Poker?

One last thing is that I started to play PLO online and I am wondering is there a simple HUD available for PLO and what stats are most important...I am not looking to have too many stats and have my screen bogged down with too many stats/numbers.

Thanks and lmk guys :)
AdamK123

Re: Time Change

Postby Flag_Hippo » Sat Jan 21, 2023 6:55 am

AdamK123 wrote:Hi, when I view my hands on PT4 it gets the the time wrong by a few hours. How do I change my time zone in PT4?

I recommend reporting this to us so we can see the specifics of what's going on here:

Tutorial: Reporting A Problem

If you want to change the timezone in PostgreSQL (the program where PokerTracker 4 stores your poker data) see this guide.
AdamK123 wrote:Also, I am looking for a card catcher for Coin Poker and I found one on advanced poker tool website using the link on the PT4 software. However, when I try to download it with a couple browsers it says that there is a threat and a virus. Is there a way to get a hand grabber to use for Coin Poker?

That is likely a false positive. The hand converter needs to interact closely with the poker sites it supports and this uses techniques similar to those used by the type of software mentioned but is entirely benign. Feel free to send the hand converter installer to your security software provider to be checked.
AdamK123 wrote:One last thing is that I started to play PLO online and I am wondering is there a simple HUD available for PLO and what stats are most important...I am not looking to have too many stats and have my screen bogged down with too many stats/numbers.

PokerTracker 4 has different HUD Profiles available for use and these contain most of the important statistic such as VPIP, PFR, Preflop 3Bet, Flop Cbet e.t.c.
Flag_Hippo

Postby AdamK123 » Mon Feb 13, 2023 5:52 am

OK thanks, I was able to change the time zone difference. As for the coin poker hand grabber I will avoid it as it does contain a trojan horse and I read some bad things bout it.

One last thing as far as the HUD. I am trying to find a HUD stat on just displaying the players positions (similar to their names) so that at a glance I can see what position they are in. Sometimes when I play plo it gets tough to keep track of the position or someone is sitting out so I think they raise from an earlier position than they actually raised. Is there a way to display a players position on the HUD next to their player name?

Also is there a HUD display for the player's actions in real time in the hand (say it was a checked down pot) along with a display of the Stack to Pot ratio?
AdamK123

Postby Flag_Hippo » Mon Feb 13, 2023 6:04 am

AdamK123 wrote:As for the coin poker hand grabber I will avoid it as it does contain a trojan horse and I read some bad things bout it.

As I mentioned above that's likely to be a false positive. The hand converter needs to interact closely with the poker sites it supports and this uses techniques similar to those used by the type of software mentioned but is entirely benign. Feel free to send the hand converter installer to your security software provider to be checked.
AdamK123 wrote:One last thing as far as the HUD. I am trying to find a HUD stat on just displaying the players positions (similar to their names) so that at a glance I can see what position they are in. Sometimes when I play plo it gets tough to keep track of the position or someone is sitting out so I think they raise from an earlier position than they actually raised. Is there a way to display a players position on the HUD next to their player name?

Also is there a HUD display for the player's actions in real time in the hand (say it was a checked down pot) along with a display of the Stack to Pot ratio?

PokerTracker 4 doesn't track hands in progress so displaying this type of information in the HUD is not possible.
Flag_Hippo

Postby AdamK123 » Tue Feb 14, 2023 4:27 am

OK cool I was finally able to figure out how to turn off the windows threat after disabling windows security for a bit then allowing the "threat" I would tell future people with this problem to read this link as it helped instead of just disabling security on chrome (https://www.wikihow.com/Disable-Virus-D ... -on-Chrome)

A few other questions:

1) I was able to color code most of the stats but for some reason when the VPIP, PFR and 3Bet get to too high of a range they don't change color to green even though I set it correctly. It works for changing the other colors like #hands when over 60 (I set it to turns red). I attached a pic which shows the two players VPIP is well over 41% but they are still a white color. How do I fix this? download/file.php?mode=view&id=9238

2) Is there a way to get HUD only to pop up after each player has 60 or more hands, otherwise no HUD other than just the name and BB in their stack?

3) Is the best way to consolidate the multiple sites I play on to see my stats going to be to "add aliases" and find my nickname on all the sites and add them...that way I can just look at all my win/loss over all the sites combine?

4) What is the best way to analyze stats or find leaks after say playing 20k+ hands...is there a video on this and what optimal ranges would be for PLO say for like donking turn or C/R flop etc?

Thanks for taking your time to answer all my questions btw :)
Attachments
pt.jpg
VPIP color should be green not white!
AdamK123

Postby Flag_Hippo » Tue Feb 14, 2023 6:43 am

AdamK123 wrote:1) I was able to color code most of the stats but for some reason when the VPIP, PFR and 3Bet get to too high of a range they don't change color to green even though I set it correctly. It works for changing the other colors like #hands when over 60 (I set it to turns red). I attached a pic which shows the two players VPIP is well over 41% but they are still a white color. How do I fix this?

If your converter is outputting hands in a PokerStars format then the HUD will be subject to PokerStars restrictions of 3 colors per HUD statistic (the default color and 2 in color ranges). I'd recommend not outputting the hands in a PokerStars format and use a format so that the hands import as the correct site in PokerTracker 4 and to prevent the HUD being subject to these color restrictions.
AdamK123 wrote:2) Is there a way to get HUD only to pop up after each player has 60 or more hands, otherwise no HUD other than just the name and BB in their stack?

You can set a minimum number of hands before showing the HUD via 'HUD -> Edit HUD Options -> General Settings -> Minimum Hands Required' but that applies to the entire HUD so you will not see name or BB either. Instead of hiding the HUD you can set a 'Minimum Opportunities' value for each HUD statistic via the HUD Profile Editor.
AdamK123 wrote:3) Is the best way to consolidate the multiple sites I play on to see my stats going to be to "add aliases" and find my nickname on all the sites and add them...that way I can just look at all my win/loss over all the sites combine?

Yes.
AdamK123 wrote:4) What is the best way to analyze stats or find leaks after say playing 20k+ hands

There are many methods to view and filter your data. For Holdem there is the 'Holdem Hand Range Visualizer' report in 'Statistics' and if you select the 'Summary' report there you can group your data by starting hands and position. You can also create custom reports and there are some available for download in the Download Warehouse.

Guide: Configuring Reports
Guide: Filters
Guide: Custom Reports
AdamK123 wrote:is there a video on this and what optimal ranges would be for PLO say for like donking turn or C/R flop etc?

There is a video for the 'Holdem Hand Range Visualizer' report here. You can find other videos for PokerTracker 4 here or via the green '?' icon in various sections however PokerTracker 4 isn't going to give you advice with regards to what ranges to implement in your game.
Flag_Hippo

Postby AdamK123 » Wed Feb 15, 2023 1:54 am

Flag_Hippo wrote:
AdamK123 wrote:1) I was able to color code most of the stats but for some reason when the VPIP, PFR and 3Bet get to too high of a range they don't change color to green even though I set it correctly. It works for changing the other colors like #hands when over 60 (I set it to turns red). I attached a pic which shows the two players VPIP is well over 41% but they are still a white color. How do I fix this?

"If your converter is outputting hands in a PokerStars format then the HUD will be subject to PokerStars restrictions of 3 colors per HUD statistic (the default color and 2 in color ranges). I'd recommend not outputting the hands in a PokerStars format and use a format so that the hands import as the correct site in PokerTracker 4 and to prevent the HUD being subject to these color restrictions."

OK, since I am using Coin Poker where would you recommend I output the hands to?...Does Coin Poker save the hands in a folder as well?...If not I am also on Ignition.

Also, one last follow up how do I run the poker tracker reports after downloading "Big lost Hands (omaha)?"
AdamK123

Postby Flag_Hippo » Wed Feb 15, 2023 10:36 am

AdamK123 wrote:OK, since I am using Coin Poker where would you recommend I output the hands to?...Does Coin Poker save the hands in a folder as well?...If not I am also on Ignition.

I'd recommend using the default folder(s) but it's up to you - please refer to the Advanced CoinPoker Converter User Manual. I don't recommend using PokerStars since the HUD will be subject to PokerStars restrictions. There should be an original hand history format option (OHH or MVS) so the hands will import as CoinPoker hands in PokerTracker 4. If you need further assistance with that please contact Advanced Poker Tools support.
AdamK123 wrote:Also, one last follow up how do I run the poker tracker reports after downloading "Big lost Hands (omaha)?"

Go to 'My Reports' and import the report you downloaded using the 'Import' button. As that report was originally uploaded for PokerTracker 3 you will need to select 'PT3 Report File' in the chooser window when importing.
Flag_Hippo

Postby AdamK123 » Wed Feb 15, 2023 6:53 pm

download/file.php?mode=view&id=9239

OK I am trying to use the OHH output directory but now I am having problems with the players name showing up twice...once as regular which is fine then again right next to the name in parentheses (ExampleName). There is pic attached to show you this. How do I get rid of one of duplicates?

Also when the hands are saved are they permanently saved on the output as I would like long term stats on these players?

It seems like the stars folder was actually working better and I was able to configure how to color code correctly...does the stars output permanently save or is there a way to change it past a certain amount of days?
Attachments
ptq.jpg
AdamK123

Postby Flag_Hippo » Thu Feb 16, 2023 7:03 am

AdamK123 wrote:OK I am trying to use the OHH output directory but now I am having problems with the players name showing up twice...once as regular which is fine then again right next to the name in parentheses (ExampleName). There is pic attached to show you this. How do I get rid of one of duplicates?

That is a known issue which will be addressed in the next release. If you want to receive a notification when the fix is released please open a Support Ticket and include a link to this post.
AdamK123 wrote:Also when the hands are saved are they permanently saved on the output as I would like long term stats on these players?

PokerTracker 4 stores your poker data separately in a program called PostgreSQL.
AdamK123 wrote:It seems like the stars folder was actually working better and I was able to configure how to color code correctly...

Color coding works the same everywhere expect PokerStars hands are subject to restrictions. If you are having a problem please report it in a Support Ticket with your support bundle and HUD Profile so we can see what's going on here:

Tutorial: Reporting A Problem
AdamK123 wrote:does the stars output permanently save or is there a way to change it past a certain amount of days?

As I mentioned above PokerTracker 4 stores your poker data separately in a program called PostgreSQL. After files have been imported from they get archived to your 'Processed folder' for performance reasons:

Guide: Processed Files
Flag_Hippo

Return to PokerTracker 4