HUD in wrong postions every table

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

HUD in wrong postions every table

Postby FakeLove » Tue Nov 29, 2022 7:28 pm

for the last week since downloading PT the HUD postions have always been correct, up until yesterday. I hadn't changed any settings in PT or stars but now the HUD is always in the wrong position.
If I go into the stars configure in PT and change my seat, no matter which position I say I'm in the HUD will be in the wrong one. The worst part is that I will manually move the HUD to be in the correct position and lock it when I start playing but when I sit at another table the positions will be wrong on that one, so I manually correct the second tables positions and lock it but that changes the first tables back to being incorrect.
I will also add that when I am observing a table to wait to join, the positions are always correct, but as soon as I sit down they get mixed up.
And yes I have the preffered seat option on stars, like I said this was fine for the first week up until now.
FakeLove

Re: HUD in wrong postions every table

Postby FakeLove » Tue Nov 29, 2022 9:23 pm

I forgot to mention, I've already tried the steps here and it's still not working. https://www.pokertracker.com/guides/PT4 ... leshooting
FakeLove

Postby Flag_Hippo » Wed Nov 30, 2022 6:01 am

FakeLove wrote:for the last week since downloading PT the HUD postions have always been correct, up until yesterday. I hadn't changed any settings in PT or stars but now the HUD is always in the wrong position.

Are the hands you play still importing into PokerTracker 4 correctly? PokerStars updates can sometimes disable the option to save hands and that would result in preferred seating in PokerTracker 4 not working since your hands are not importing.
FakeLove wrote:The worst part is that I will manually move the HUD to be in the correct position and lock it when I start playing but when I sit at another table the positions will be wrong on that one, so I manually correct the second tables positions and lock it but that changes the first tables back to being incorrect.

Just locking the layout will not save the new positions. You also need to click the PT-icon and choose 'Save Layout' so the new positions are remembered for future tables.
FakeLove wrote:I will also add that when I am observing a table to wait to join, the positions are always correct, but as soon as I sit down they get mixed up.

That's normal. When you sit PokerStars immediately rotates the view to your preferred seat however PokerTracker 4 cannot rotate the HUD until after you have played your first hand at the table and it imports into PokerTracker 4. If you start moving the HUD before this happens then that's going to mess up the positions again.
FakeLove wrote:And yes I have the preffered seat option on stars, like I said this was fine for the first week up until now.

Ther are two options for this in PokerStars and PokerTracker 4:

1. Auto-center

2. Preferred seating

If you have enabled both auto-center and preferred seating that can also cause problems. If you have selected specific preferred seats in the PokerStars software then this overrides the 'Always Auto-Center Me' for those tables sizes (on non-Zoom tables). We recommend that you select 'Always Auto-Center Me' in the PokerStars software and enable that option in PokerTracker 4 rather than selecting preferred seats for every table size individually. 
Flag_Hippo

Postby FakeLove » Wed Nov 30, 2022 12:23 pm

Yes, the hands are importing as normal.

When I said lock the layout I meant lock & save sorry.

My settings in stars were on 'Auto center me when automatically seated', I have now changed it to 'Always auto center me'. I will report back here after I play later on today.
FakeLove

Postby FakeLove » Wed Nov 30, 2022 5:44 pm

It works now after changing that setting in stars, thank you.
FakeLove

Postby Flag_Hippo » Thu Dec 01, 2022 6:33 am

Pleased to hear it and thanks for letting us know what the solution was.
Flag_Hippo

Return to PokerTracker 4