What is : "Performing database maintenance.."

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

What is : "Performing database maintenance.."

Postby arnakk2424 » Sat Oct 01, 2022 11:19 pm

After importing hands I have a "Performing database maintenance..".
What is it ? I'm asking that because I run a "house keeping" but is "Performing database maintenance.." is already doing it ?
Can spare a lot of time
arnakk2424

Re: What is : "Performing database maintenance.."

Postby Flag_Hippo » Sun Oct 02, 2022 4:41 am

PokerTracker 4 performs maintenance when you import hands manually and automatically. In prior versions of PokerTracker this maintenance was performed manually however in PokerTracker 4 this system is 100% automated for you while you play and also during hand imports. Regular housekeeping is not something you need to do with PokerTracker 4 except when there might be a specific problem.
Flag_Hippo

Postby arnakk2424 » Sun Oct 02, 2022 10:31 pm

Flag_Hippo wrote:PokerTracker 4 performs maintenance when you import hands manually and automatically. In prior versions of PokerTracker this maintenance was performed manually however in PokerTracker 4 this system is 100% automated for you while you play and also during hand imports. Regular housekeeping is not something you need to do with PokerTracker 4 except when there might be a specific problem.

Thank you
what a good habit to have after importing a lot of hands ?
arnakk2424

Postby Flag_Hippo » Mon Oct 03, 2022 5:06 am

There isn't anything specific you need to do after importing hands. If you have imported a large number of hands just make sure that any maintenance is completed (it will be stated on the last line in the 'View Import Status' tab) before you close PokerTracker 4.
Flag_Hippo

Return to PokerTracker 4