Problem importing hand histories from Natural8 (GGpoker)

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Problem importing hand histories from Natural8 (GGpoker)

Postby Rocks_strato » Mon Sep 19, 2022 8:27 pm

Hello, I am importing from "play poker" and "get hands from disk" hand histories I downloaded from Natural8 (ggpoker network) and I think these hand histories are not getting imported correctly. It is the first time I try to use pokertracker4 to study my game using hand histories from this network so I am not sure if maybe it is not supported and that´s why what I am importing does not make sense.

I am attaching a screenshot of what I imported. As you can see many of these tournaments are shown as if they cost $0.00. Most of them imported today after I updated PT4 to the v4.17.3 version.

I have a few important questions:
1. Is there anything I can do to use PT4 as a studying tool with hand histories from GGnetwork?
2. Can I trust the results of what I am importing if the hand histories are from GGnetwork?
3. Are hand histories missing often if the hands I am importing are from GGnetwork?

I totally understand that I have to import my hands manually but right now I am not even sure if PT4 supports hand histories from GGnetwork. I think cash games hand histories work correctly after imported but I dont know about Tournaments. Any information you can provide about how compatible is PT4 with GGnetwork would be highly appreciated.

Thank you very much,
Attachments
pt4.png
Rocks_strato

Re: Problem importing hand histories from Natural8 (GGpoker)

Postby Flag_Hippo » Tue Sep 20, 2022 5:45 am

Rocks_strato wrote:1. Is there anything I can do to use PT4 as a studying tool with hand histories from GGnetwork?

There are many things you can do but I can't cover all the possibilites here. For example there are a variety of built-in reports you can use to review your GGPoker data, you can replay hands from tournaments, create custom reports e.t.c.

PokerTracker 4 Guides
PokerTracker 4 Videos
Video: Hand History Replayer
Guide: Creating My Reports

Rocks_strato wrote:2. Can I trust the results of what I am importing if the hand histories are from GGnetwork?

In cases where results information isn't included in the files provided by your poker site then you will need to manually edit your tournament results in PokerTracker 4. If that information is included in your files or you are not sure then you can attach your examples to a Support Ticket.

Rocks_strato wrote:3. Are hand histories missing often if the hands I am importing are from GGnetwork?

I totally understand that I have to import my hands manually but right now I am not even sure if PT4 supports hand histories from GGnetwork. I think cash games hand histories work correctly after imported but I dont know about Tournaments.

GGPoker hand histories are supported. When importing hands PokerTracker 4 tells you how many were imported and if there were any errors. Again if you have an issue or want to check something you can attach your examples to a Support Ticket.
Flag_Hippo

Postby Rocks_strato » Tue Sep 20, 2022 11:37 am

Thank you for your answer, I am sending a bug report. How often are these tickets answered? thank you very much
Rocks_strato

Postby Flag_Hippo » Tue Sep 20, 2022 12:59 pm

There isn't a set amount of time and you'll get a response when a technician reaches your ticket in the queue.
Flag_Hippo

Postby vikbot » Wed Sep 21, 2022 6:34 am

Hey, I have the same issue.

I am trying to import PLO cash game and PLO rush and cash data from GGPoker manually but every file gets marked as an error. I am at a point where I am not even able to use pokertracker anymore because of this. I tried deleting, reinstalling updating and all that but nothing seems to work. Dont understand why is that. Can you please let me know what I should do.

Kind regards,
Vikentios
vikbot

Postby Flag_Hippo » Wed Sep 21, 2022 1:39 pm

vikbot wrote:I am trying to import PLO cash game and PLO rush and cash data from GGPoker manually but every file gets marked as an error. I am at a point where I am not even able to use pokertracker anymore because of this. I tried deleting, reinstalling updating and all that but nothing seems to work. Dont understand why is that. Can you please let me know what I should do.

If you are not using the latest version of PokerTracker 4 please update it:

Download PokerTracker 4

otherwise please turn on 'Enable Logging' in PokerTracker 4 via 'Configure -> Options' and then restart PokerTracker 4. Next reproduce this issue you've described and then attach your support bundle to a Support Ticket along with a sample of your hand histories. The support bundle is created via the 'File -> Create Support Bundle' menu option in PokerTracker 4.
Flag_Hippo

Return to PokerTracker 4