Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Database backup

Postby gscrmn » Tue Aug 23, 2022 9:20 pm

Hello!

How you doing?

I have a lot of doubts on database backup

My database is a monster of 220GB

1) If I make a backup of it, the size of the backup file will be the same, more or less than the original database?

2) Is it possible to backup it to a drive different from where is it now? I would like to do it using an external drive while the database is on C:\

And about purging hands

1) I tried to purge some hands but canceled it after minutes and it took a loot just to fetch it.Is there any way to generate a new database from this one but only hand played before a specific date?

I would thanks any advice on how to handle this, since I do not want this huge amount of data and also do not have much space left on my SSD

Thanks a lot!
gscrmn

Re: Database backup

Postby Flag_Hippo » Wed Aug 24, 2022 4:40 am

gscrmn wrote:1) If I make a backup of it, the size of the backup file will be the same, more or less than the original database?

It will be smaller as the backup file is compressed and an estimate of the file size should be given in the backup window under 'Est Archive Size'.
gscrmn wrote:2) Is it possible to backup it to a drive different from where is it now? I would like to do it using an external drive while the database is on C:\

You can select a different drive for the backup however you will still need free space on C:\ for temporary files while the backup is created and the free space required will be in the backup window under 'Est TMP Space Required'. If you don't have enough free space then you can configure Windows to use another drive for its temporary files.
gscrmn wrote:1) I tried to purge some hands but canceled it after minutes and it took a loot just to fetch it.Is there any way to generate a new database from this one but only hand played before a specific date?

You can either import hands from your 'Processed' folder into a new database or export the hands you want from the existing database and import those instead.
Flag_Hippo

Postby gscrmn » Thu Aug 25, 2022 4:49 am

Thanks for the support!

When I backup and restore a database, will all my hand notes and tags be saved?
gscrmn

Postby Flag_Hippo » Thu Aug 25, 2022 5:27 am

Yes. Tagged hands along with hand/player notes are stored in the database so they will be included in a database backup.
Flag_Hippo

Return to PokerTracker 4