(help!) unable to log into PT after buying+adding license

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

(help!) unable to log into PT after buying+adding license

Postby ayenj » Wed Jul 27, 2022 4:31 pm

Hello,

After my 14day PT4 trial I decided to buy the full holdem version of PT.

On the trial popup that tells me my trial has expired, I now entered my new license and activated it... After hitting enter PT4 automatically closed without any progression into the actual application. Upon attempting to reopon PT4 I am now faced with this popup: "Your PT support & maintenance agreement has expired and this license is not permitted to use this version of pokertracker. You have two options: 1. renew your support and maintanence agreement.... 2. Rever back to the maximum version allowed for your license which is Pokertracker v-1-1-1.

I am confused why I am receiving this prompt as I just freshly purchased PT4 and dont understand how anything could have expired 1minute after purchasing it.

What do I do from here? In the case of needing to reinstall PT4, will I lose all of my previously recorded hands (the reason for purchase is so I could export the hands I accumulated over the course of my free trial)...

Help please
ayenj

Re: (help!) unable to log into PT after buying+adding licens

Postby WhiteRider » Thu Jul 28, 2022 3:08 am

That error was resolved in PokerTracker 4.17.2 so please update from the PT4 Download Page.
WhiteRider

Postby ayenj » Thu Jul 28, 2022 2:20 pm

WhiteRider wrote:That error was resolved in PokerTracker 4.17.2 so please update from the PT4 Download Page.

Thank you for your response.

Will updating this way cause me to lose all of my hands saved to my DB? If so what can I do to ensure they stick around? Thanks!
ayenj

Postby Flag_Hippo » Fri Jul 29, 2022 5:16 am

When you update PokerTracker 4 you will not lose your hands so you can just download and run the installer. Please note that if you are updating from a version prior to 4.17 then that requires a database update and we recommend that you backup your database before running the update. If you are already using PokerTracker v4.17 or or v4.17.1 then that's not necessary although you can of course backup your data at anytime.
Flag_Hippo

Return to PokerTracker 4