You Are Being Scammed!! PT4 is a Virus/Trojan [FALSE]

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

You Are Being Scammed!! PT4 is a Virus/Trojan [FALSE]

Postby itsriggedfu » Wed May 11, 2022 6:37 pm

Pokertracker4 when ran through an Antivirus comes back positive for a Trojan. If you aren't aware a Trojan is something that gives the person who gave it to you full access to your computer and your screen and you'd never know it. They can then super use you and I would highly recommend uninstalling PT4 immediately from any device you own and never play poker on that device again.

https://imgur.com/V27S4Rk

I tried other software like Hold'em Manager 3, Pokersnowie, and Pokerstove all came back positive for trojans as well. Don't install anything on the computer you play poker online with. These PT4 people are scum of the earth and we can't tolerate this type of behavior as a community!
itsriggedfu

Re: You Are Being Scammed!! PT4 is a Virus/Trojan

Postby WhiteRider » Thu May 12, 2022 3:11 am

This is not correct. This is a false positive.

PT4 (and HM3) need to interact closely with the poker sites that we support and this uses techniques similar to those used by the type of software mentioned, but is entirely benign. Our trackers are regularly submitted to anti-virus software providers and are clean.

Feel free to send our installer to your provider to be checked.
WhiteRider

Re: You Are Being Scammed!! PT4 is a Virus/Trojan [FALSE]

Postby CherryWaves » Sat May 14, 2022 9:01 am

Ive been using the software for about 10 years now along with several of my friends and colleagues. Its definitely not a virus.
CherryWaves

Re: You Are Being Scammed!! PT4 is a Virus/Trojan [FALSE]

Postby stakkedoff » Sun Jun 05, 2022 5:29 pm

i mean, its kinda more fun to let him think it is. don't worry op, i'm gonna shill the "rub it in your face" angle, its a very good angle. i like to deploy this as a xr to the "the sites rng is rigged" crowd. drives em nuts.
stakkedoff

Return to PokerTracker 4