PostgreSQL install failure on Windows 11

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

PostgreSQL install failure on Windows 11

Postby movemypeeps9 » Fri Mar 04, 2022 5:07 pm

Hey Guys I am seeing issue with install of PostgreSQL:

PT4_postgreSQLerror.png

Any of you seen this or know how to fix?

Thanks,

Brent
movemypeeps9

Re: PostgreSQL install failure on Windows 11

Postby WhiteRider » Fri Mar 04, 2022 7:27 pm

Are you installing PostgreSQL manually, or is PT4 installing it for you?
Assuming you're trying to install manually, what version are you installing?
WhiteRider

Postby hagglebaby » Sun Mar 20, 2022 12:41 pm

WhiteRider wrote:Are you installing PostgreSQL manually, or is PT4 installing it for you?
Assuming you're trying to install manually, what version are you installing?

I'm getting this same issue. I'm installing automatically when i'm prompted after clicking the launch icon for PT4. I only have windows 10 however. My windows 11 is ready for upgrade but I haven't upgraded it yet.

thanks
hagglebaby

Postby Flag_Hippo » Sun Mar 20, 2022 2:19 pm

Please manually download and install PostgreSQL v10 from here and for the two password boxes use 'dbpass' (no quotes) which is what PokerTracker 4 uses by default. If that PostgreSQL install does not complete successfully then in Windows open File Explorer and enter the following in the address bar:

%localappdata%\Temp

In this folder there should be a file called 'install-postgresql.log' - please attach that file to a Support Ticket so we can follow up on this issue with you.
Flag_Hippo

Postby NoESC » Wed Feb 08, 2023 11:50 am

I have the same problem need help, no manualy installation works, i have Windows 11 Pro all new update installed
NoESC

Postby Flag_Hippo » Wed Feb 08, 2023 2:04 pm

NoESC wrote:I have the same problem need help, no manualy installation works, i have Windows 11 Pro all new update installed

If a manual install of PostgreSQL isn't completing successfully please follow the instructions from my previous reply. Thank you.

Flag_Hippo wrote:If that PostgreSQL install does not complete successfully then in Windows open File Explorer and enter the following in the address bar:

%localappdata%\Temp

In this folder there should be a file called 'install-postgresql.log' - please attach that file to a Support Ticket so we can follow up on this issue with you.
Flag_Hippo

Postby bikeking19 » Wed Feb 22, 2023 11:23 pm

Hey I had the exact same issue but I was able to solve it. Go to https://www.enterprisedb.com/downloads/ ... -downloads and download the 11.19, not the top version that is 15, that will not work. But download the 11.19 version and install normally, put dbpass as the password and 5432 as the port with local host. Once finished start up PT4 and it should recognize it and setup for you automatically.
bikeking19

Return to PokerTracker 4