PostgreSQL Issue

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

PostgreSQL Issue

Postby alexouk80 » Mon Jan 17, 2022 1:57 pm

Hi, sorry to 'piggy-back' on this post but I'm having the same issue.

"In the top left section, expand "Windows Logs" and click on "Application". Do you see any recent errors in the top center section for PostgreSQL? If you do let us know what they say."

postgres cannot access the server configuration file "C:/Program Files/PostgreSQL/9.3/data/postgresql.conf": No such file or directory
alexouk80

Re: PostgreSQL Issue

Postby Flag_Hippo » Tue Jan 18, 2022 6:01 am

Is this a new install or was everything working until now? The error message is stating that a PostgreSQL file/folder doesn't exist on your computer so please check that location. Does this file/folder exist?

C:/Program Files/PostgreSQL/9.3/data/postgresql.conf

Is it just the file missing or an entire folder? If so which parts of the tree are missing? If all the folders exist but just the postgresql.conf file is missing then check to make sure security software hasn't quarantined the file and restore it if that's the case.
Flag_Hippo

Postby alexouk80 » Tue Jan 18, 2022 4:48 pm

Flag_Hippo wrote:Is this a new install or was everything working until now? The error message is stating that a PostgreSQL file/folder doesn't exist on your computer so please check that location. Does this file/folder exist?

C:/Program Files/PostgreSQL/9.3/data/postgresql.conf

Is it just the file missing or an entire folder? If so which parts of the tree are missing? If all the folders exist but just the postgresql.conf file is missing then check to make sure security software hasn't quarantined the file and restore it if that's the case.

Yes this is a new install. It worked initially but after I shut down my laptop and started it up again I had the "Unable to login to database (postgres). Reason: could not connect to server: Connection refused (0x0000274D/10061) Is the server running on host "???" and accepting TCP/IP connections on port 5432?" error followed by "Unable to connect to this database. Please check the configuration." The postgresql.conf file is definitely there. (Apologies, I'm not very 'tech-savvy')
alexouk80

Postby Flag_Hippo » Wed Jan 19, 2022 7:05 am

It's possible security software is interfering so follow the instructions given in the Security Software Configuration Guide to see if that helps. If it doesn't please open a Support Ticket with your PokerTracker and PostgreSQL log files:

Tutorial: Reporting A Problem

along with the details of all recent Windows Event viewer errors for PostgreSQL and a screenshot of the contents of your C:/Program Files/PostgreSQL/9.3/data folder.
Flag_Hippo

Return to PokerTracker 4