effective stacksize

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

effective stacksize

Postby pepsin » Sun Nov 17, 2013 5:20 pm

Hi. I'm looking for a quickfilter showing winnings at different effective stack sizes. When I choose the "pot size & stack depth - preflop" and select "effective stack size" it seems to filter for pots and stack sizes, so for instance for 0-25bb it shows when hero is 0-25bb deep + all pots of less than 25bbs hero won. This seem very strange, as this should be the filter I'm looking for right? Whereas actual stacksize shows the effective stacksize, but only when hero is less than 25bb, not the villain(s). Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?
pepsin
 
Posts: 207
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2008 7:01 pm

Re: effective stacksize

Postby WhiteRider » Mon Nov 18, 2013 3:44 am

The player's effective stack size is the amount they could lose at the time of their first action. If PlayerA has 100 BB in their stack but everyone else at the table has less than 20 BB then PlayerA's effective stack is 20 BB.
If there is another player with 120 BB still to act then PlayerA's effective stack is 100 BB. However, if that other player has folded before PlayerA's first action then PlayerA's effective stack is again 20 BB.
WhiteRider
Moderator
 
Posts: 54025
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:06 pm
Location: UK

Re: effective stacksize

Postby pepsin » Mon Nov 18, 2013 3:28 pm

Yeah I'm aware, but when filtering for say 0-10bbs effective stack it also shows all pots where Hero puts in less than 10bbs and wins regardless of the stacks.. So it doesn't work properly for some reason.
pepsin
 
Posts: 207
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2008 7:01 pm

Re: effective stacksize

Postby kraada » Mon Nov 18, 2013 3:45 pm

That filter is working properly for me. Please attach an original hand that isn't working for you to a support ticket and we'll investigate further for you.
kraada
Moderator
 
Posts: 54430
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:32 am
Location: NY

Re: effective stacksize

Postby pepsin » Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:44 pm

Ok I found the issue. When I filter for 0-0 (or 0-20 for that matter) it includes every time the small blind folds to me in bb for some reason and the curve will just be a smooth line steadily upwards. If I say from 1-20 that will resolve the issue.
pepsin
 
Posts: 207
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2008 7:01 pm

Re: effective stacksize

Postby kraada » Mon Nov 18, 2013 6:15 pm

Yes, when you are in the big blind and get a walk your effective stack is 0 -- you could not have lost anything.

You can even make it .01 to 20 if you want and that will eliminate the walk case.
kraada
Moderator
 
Posts: 54430
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:32 am
Location: NY

Re: effective stacksize

Postby pepsin » Tue Nov 19, 2013 1:23 pm

But then I don't get the stat I want as PT4 won't care about effective STACK sizes the way I see it, as I want to see how I'm faring say against shortstackers or playing deep with 150+bbs. When I include 0 then all hands where sb folds to me in bb is included no matter what the actual effective stacksize is, and if I don't include 0 but put something like 0.1 I will never include when sb folds to me in bb, which would be a substantial number of hands as I mostly play HU.

What am I missing, I don't see the reasoning why the stat should be this way..? Is there another, better fitting stat I should rather use to see my winrate at different effective stacks?
pepsin
 
Posts: 207
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2008 7:01 pm

Re: effective stacksize

Postby kraada » Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:00 pm

There is literally only one stat that changes as a result of this definition: winrate in the big blind. Every other stat works out exactly the same as you have no opportunity to do anything when you get a walk.
kraada
Moderator
 
Posts: 54430
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:32 am
Location: NY

Re: effective stacksize

Postby pepsin » Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:35 pm

Not the case on my computer at least, as I said when filtering for say 0-20bbs effective stacks this filter will include all times sb folds to me in bb (and not the opposite) REGARDLESS of effective stacks, giving me a winrate of around 45BB/100 (90bb/100) at 0-20bbs, which then would include every time sb folds to me in bb regardless of effective stacks + all hands I play against someone with less than 20bbs. This is obv wrong. And at say 50-100bbs effective stack that would NOT include every time sb folds to bb giving me a dfar too low BB/100. I'll upload a screen shot to support ticket to illustrate.
pepsin
 
Posts: 207
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2008 7:01 pm

Re: effective stacksize

Postby kraada » Tue Nov 19, 2013 3:52 pm

If you want to see how much an opponent folds when he has various stack sizes in the small blind, you want to create an All Players report on the My Reports tab, add the filter Not(Player is Hero) and then you can add the stack size stat and you can filter down to open folds to see this information.
kraada
Moderator
 
Posts: 54430
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:32 am
Location: NY

Next

Return to PokerTracker 4

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 24 guests