PokerStars play money cash home game - hand not observed

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

PokerStars play money cash home game - hand not observed

Postby thb0307 » Mon Jan 30, 2023 9:57 pm

I play home games on PokerStars, play money cash games (not tourneys). PT4 will not observe any hands while I sit out, even if I sit out for one hand. Is there any way to change this? It's been an issue since with play money cash home games there is only like a 10 second time bank and PokerStars will automatically sit you out if you miss an action, so I'm constantly missing hands in PT4.

I know there's a max amount of observed hands when you're sitting out for extended stretches, but it seems like I should be able to record a hand when I'm just sitting out for one minute.
thb0307

Re: PokerStars play money - "hand observed not imported"

Postby thb0307 » Tue Jan 31, 2023 12:29 am

It says "hand observed not imported" when I sit out a hand.
thb0307

Re: PokerStars play money cash home game - hand not observed

Postby Flag_Hippo » Tue Jan 31, 2023 6:26 am

There is an option to enable/disable the import of observed hands via 'Configure -> Sites & Import Options -> Preferences' but bear in mind that even if it was imported it wouldn't be counted as one of your hands. Also, as you mentioned' there is a limit to how many PokerStars observed hands will import in a session and when that limit is reached no more observed hands will import.
Flag_Hippo

Postby thb0307 » Tue Jan 31, 2023 7:25 pm

Flag_Hippo wrote:There is an option to enable/disable the import of observed hands via 'Configure -> Sites & Import Options -> Preferences' but bear in mind that even if it was imported it wouldn't be counted as one of your hands. Also, as you mentioned' there is a limit to how many PokerStars observed hands will import in a session and when that limit is reached no more observed hands will import.

Thank you for the quick response. I just checked my "Preferences" and the "Import Observed Hands" option is checked. I've noticed that in tournaments there is no issue importing observed hands (up until I reach the max of course), but it will not import a single observed hand in cash games. This is all play money home games in PokerStars. Any other ideas?
thb0307

Postby waltonjb » Wed Feb 01, 2023 12:59 am

I didn't think there was any way to get any PT hand history from PokerStars.NET (the play money side) at all or even for some capped limit.

I've tried to review the PS app and the PT config and don't see how to get either to pull histories (which don't seem to be saved or available form the app or the site) or even a grabber like I use on Ignition.

Do tell more, please, because I'd like to see my play money stats!!
waltonjb

Postby Flag_Hippo » Wed Feb 01, 2023 6:37 am

thb0307 wrote:Thank you for the quick response. I just checked my "Preferences" and the "Import Observed Hands" option is checked. I've noticed that in tournaments there is no issue importing observed hands (up until I reach the max of course), but it will not import a single observed hand in cash games. This is all play money home games in PokerStars. Any other ideas?

I don't know why that would be the case. Please turn on 'Enable Logging' in PokerTracker 4 via 'Configure -> Options' and then restart PokerTracker 4. Next reproduce this issue by observing a table and then attach your support bundle to a Support Ticket. The support bundle is created via the 'File -> Create Support Bundle' menu option in PokerTracker 4.
Flag_Hippo

Postby Flag_Hippo » Wed Feb 01, 2023 6:39 am

waltonjb wrote:I didn't think there was any way to get any PT hand history from PokerStars.NET (the play money side) at all or even for some capped limit.

I've tried to review the PS app and the PT config and don't see how to get either to pull histories (which don't seem to be saved or available form the app or the site) or even a grabber like I use on Ignition.

Do tell more, please, because I'd like to see my play money stats!!

The PokerStars.NET client does not offer the option to save hand histories but they still offer play money games on their real money clients so those play money hands can be saved. The only options are to download a PokerStars client that saves hands or maybe PokerStars support could provide you with a version that does save files locally.
Flag_Hippo

Postby thb0307 » Sat Feb 11, 2023 10:24 pm

Flag_Hippo wrote:
thb0307 wrote:Thank you for the quick response. I just checked my "Preferences" and the "Import Observed Hands" option is checked. I've noticed that in tournaments there is no issue importing observed hands (up until I reach the max of course), but it will not import a single observed hand in cash games. This is all play money home games in PokerStars. Any other ideas?

I don't know why that would be the case. Please turn on 'Enable Logging' in PokerTracker 4 via 'Configure -> Options' and then restart PokerTracker 4. Next reproduce this issue by observing a table and then attach your support bundle to a Support Ticket. The support bundle is created via the 'File -> Create Support Bundle' menu option in PokerTracker 4.

I don't see "Create Support Bundle" option. When I click on File my options are only the following:
- Open User Data Folder
- Import Statistic
- Import Hud profile
- Import Quick Filter
- Backup
- Restore
- Exit

Configure > Options > Enabled Logging is checkmarked.
thb0307

Postby Flag_Hippo » Sun Feb 12, 2023 6:42 am

thb0307 wrote:I don't see "Create Support Bundle" option.

If you are not seeing that option then you are not using the latest version of PokerTracker 4.
Flag_Hippo

Return to PokerTracker 4