all in equity WAYYY off

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

all in equity WAYYY off

Postby fingaz » Sun Sep 25, 2022 9:33 pm

I understand side pots sometimes will not adjust the all in EV properly due to play on the side after you're all in. But why would it not adjust it accurately when you're one of the ones involved in the side pot? Someone moved all in for 1bb pf and we built up a side pot. We both moved in on the flop w/ me as a 96% favorite, but the "all-in adj" is showing me as a 0% because he hit his 4%er after the $ went in. Is there any way we can fix this? It's quite annoying having to manually adjust it each time this happens.
fingaz

Re: all in equity WAYYY off

Postby Flag_Hippo » Mon Sep 26, 2022 5:00 am

In any hand where there was further action on another street after an all-in or if a player calls an all-in and then subsequently folds then PokerTracker 4 does not calculate any adjusted equity as it introduces a bias in the results and that cannot be changed. If you want to account for the hand differently then you would need to edit the original hand and reimport it.
Flag_Hippo

Re: all in equity WAYYY off

Postby fingaz » Mon Sep 26, 2022 4:50 pm

Flag_Hippo wrote:In any hand where there was further action on another street after an all-in or if a player calls an all-in and then subsequently folds then PokerTracker 4 does not calculate any adjusted equity as it introduces a bias in the results and that cannot be changed. If you want to account for the hand differently then you would need to edit the original hand and reimport it.

I understand this and I've seen this argument before, but I don't understand how it makes sense to not calculate it if the bias (action) is introduced by myself.
fingaz

Return to PokerTracker 4