Could not find Hand History

Any support related posts should go here.

Postby Michaelooch » Sat Nov 20, 2010 12:34 pm

srry for the duplicate post....i think i originally posed it in the wrong forum

by Michaelooch » Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:51 am

While trying to replay a hand I am receiving the following error message:
Could not find Hand History for Game ID.....
Since playing the hand I have done a complete restore to my system, moved my HH files to another archive and converted to PostgresSQL db.
The info remains in the db but the HH and the ability to replay the hand aren't working

It looks as if the hands that I have played since doing all that are working fine.

I tried moving this particular hand back to its original spot but that didnt seem to work.
Michaelooch

Re: Could not find Hand History

Postby ptrack mike » Sat Nov 20, 2010 2:33 pm

This means when you restored your system you didn't copy the hhdbs.mdb file. In the Access database all of the hand histories are stored there, so when you converted to PostgreSQL it didn't find them and created a blank hand history table. To make it work so that old hands are still replayable try this - note this will only work if you still have your original hhdbs.mdb:

Copy the hhdbs.mdb to your Poker Tracker Stud program folder. Go to the Utilities/Database Maintenance and Options window. Click on the Hand History DB's tab at the end of the window. Click on the "Add File" button and point it to the hhdbs.mdb file.

What this should do is allow you to import new hands into the current postgreSQL database but also replay old hands that are in the hhdbs.mdb file.
ptrack mike

Postby Michaelooch » Sat Nov 20, 2010 4:02 pm

thx mike....

HH db is gone. So now I wanna make new db from orig HHs...how can I do this....do I need to make a new access db first? that I figured out how to do....im just not sure how to make a postgress db
Michaelooch

Postby ptrack mike » Sat Nov 20, 2010 10:07 pm

Yes, you'll have to re-import of all the original hand histories. If you are sure you have them all, just purge the data from your existing PostgreSQL database for the dates where the hand histories are missing using Utilities/Database Maintenance and Options window, Advanced Purge... button. Then import the hands.
ptrack mike

Return to PTS Support