Page 1 of 1

Still can't import Full Tilt hands (after the 1.13.05a patch

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:46 pm
by Omaha Chris
Since questions about this seem to have ceased after the August patch, it looks like I'm the only person who still can't import my Full Tilt hands.

I use the "auto-import Full Tilt" window, force-import, and then the program immediately crashes/closes, and I get a succession of three error dialogs.

I even tried installing a fresh copy of PTO on a computer (under a brand new Windows XP install), patched PTO, tried the import, and the error is identical.

[ img ]

Re: Still can't import Full Tilt hands (after the 1.13.05a patch

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:00 pm
by ptrack mike
The only people that were still having this error were Mac users using Bootcamp. Since you use XP I don't know why you can't use the patch. For now you will need to use one of the workarounds listed in patch thread:
viewtopic.php?f=34&t=21705

Re: Still can't import Full Tilt hands (after the 1.13.05a patch

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:42 pm
by Omaha Chris
No dice, but I'm convinced that I must be doing something wrong, since I'm the only one having the problem.

I'll keep workin on it...

If I just switch to a PostgreSQL DB, will this fix the issue? Because I'm fine with just making a PGSQL DB if it remedies the problem.

Re: Still can't import Full Tilt hands (after the 1.13.05a patch

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:11 pm
by Omaha Chris
The plot thickens, in a most bizarre fashion.

I installed PostgreSQL, converted my DB, and then, mistakenly forgetting to switch to the new DB, in other words, still in Access, I imported the Full Tilt hands with the normal manual import window. They came in fine. Then I realized that I hadn't switched over yet, and was very puzzled.

And so, after installing PostgreSQL but not even actually using it, the hands now (somehow) have no problem importing into the Access db!

Did merely installing PostgreSQL do something within Windows that remedied the problem?

In any case, all appears well now.

Re: Still can't import Full Tilt hands (after the 1.13.05a patch

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:40 pm
by ptrack mike
Did merely installing PostgreSQL do something within Windows that remedied the problem?

Stranger things have happened, but I don't think that had anything to do with it. I'm glad it's working for you though.