Database problems

Any support related posts should go here.

Database problems

Postby cyork » Wed Mar 11, 2009 7:59 am

Today I had some sort of crash when my computer was not shutdown properly.

Once my computer was rebooted and I opened my pto I received a number of error messages telling me the database needed to be repaired.

After attempting to repair it 2-3 times I finally got it repaired successfully.

The problem now is that it takes 10 minutes to make any change in date/stakes/and I doubt I can even get it to import after not being able to even change the date w/o waiting 10 minutes.

It just goes into (not responding) mode and then after a long while it will clear, but go instantly into not responding again if I try to do anything.

I also compacted the database successfully today in an attempt to get it up to speed.

I have put 100k hands in my omaha db since the first of jan, but havent had problems till today.

What do I do now?
cyork
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri May 23, 2008 3:34 am

Re: Database problems

Postby ptrack mike » Wed Mar 11, 2009 4:19 pm

It sounds like the database is still corrupted. Your best option to save your hands is to use Utilities > Export Hand Histories to File to create text files of your hands. Next create a new Access database using File > Maintain Database Names, check the Dflt box, save it, then close and reopen PTO. Then you can import the exported files all at once into the new database by putting them in the same folder and using File > Auto-Import hand Histories > Generic Setup...

Note - That many hands will take a long time to import, so just let it go until it finishes even if it says Not Responding.
ptrack mike
 
Posts: 1731
Joined: Thu Feb 21, 2008 5:48 pm


Return to PTO Support

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests