Page 1 of 1
PTO moving holdem hands

Posted:
Sat Feb 07, 2009 3:05 am
by djfl
Hi. I import observed Party hands with Freephg. Freephg writes the hands to its own folder. To import them, I transfer the files manually to the partypoker folder.
When I use PTO to import observed hands, it seems to import all the omaha hands fine, but it also tries to process...unsuccessfully I'm assuming...all the observed holdem hands I have as well. PTO didn't use to do this until I recently did an un/reinstall.
Any idea why it's doing this?
Re: PTO moving holdem hands

Posted:
Sat Feb 07, 2009 8:50 am
by ptrack mike
PTO ignores Hold'em hands, but it needs to read through them all to make sure there are no Omaha hands in the file. It has always worked that way. Is that what you mean by "tries to process"?
Re: PTO moving holdem hands

Posted:
Sat Feb 07, 2009 12:21 pm
by djfl
I meant that it reads the hands. Anyway, it used to read the holdem hands and Not move them when it was done with the omaha hands. Now it moves the holdem hands along with the omaha hands when it's completed adding the omaha hands into the database.
Re: PTO moving holdem hands

Posted:
Sat Feb 07, 2009 1:19 pm
by ptrack mike
I meant that it reads the hands.
Do you mean it imports the Hold'em hands as Omaha hands? Like I said it has always read the hands to see if they are Omaha hands, but then it ignores them.
It shouldn't be moving non-Omaha hands. I haven't changed anything related to Party hand importing in a long time, so maybe the Freephg people changed something. If you want to you can post one of the non-Omaha hands here so I can see what they might have changed.
Re: PTO moving holdem hands

Posted:
Wed Feb 11, 2009 1:12 pm
by djfl
Well I tried again and this time it did NOT move the holdem hands, tho the previous 2 times it did. It'll take me too long to find the hands as I have a few million hands in the bulk folder I moved my initial files to. I tried changing folders for just this import and again, PTO did not import the holdem hands. So I guess we can consider this closed for now. I'll let you know if it happens again.
Thanks again.