Page 1 of 1

Copying PT2 database on to new hard drive

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 10:59 pm
by djhavok101
My old hard drive seems to have a virus on it and I can't get it to boot. So I'm using as a slave to my new hard drive to get my files off it. When I look for the mdb files i read about on your forums to copy I can't find them. Can you walk me through copying my old pt2 database on to a newly installed version on my new hard drive. Thank You.

Re: Copying PT2 database on to new hard drive

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 9:44 am
by ptrack pat
see the FAQ for the list of files t copy:
viewtopic.php?f=30&t=1369

The files have to be there. Make sure you have turned on file extensions.

From the Windows Explorer menu select the Tools option and then select Folder Options.

Click on the View tab.

UNCHECK the box that says "Hide extensions for known files types" and click the Apply button.

Re: Copying PT2 database on to new hard drive

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 12:34 pm
by djhavok101
Okay I found the file. But, now I can't copy the one file ptrack.mdb My computer states the file is copy or write protected or currently in use. I made sure the pt2 program is not running in windows management. Still no luck. What can I do to copy this file.

Re: Copying PT2 database on to new hard drive

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 4:33 pm
by ptrack pat
I have no idea why it would tell you that, this is a problem with your computer. Try zipping the files and then copying the zip files.