Page 1 of 1

Change of email address / Poker stars import

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 9:06 am
by richmagpies01
Hi,

I have recently changed my email adress and now I am no longer able to import PokerStars hand histories which get sent to my new email address.

I have Poker Tracker 2

Grateful if you could let me know what to do. I can no longer access my old email account which I used when I bought poker tracker a few years ago but can let you have this address if you need to check it.

Cheers,

Richard

Re: Change of email address / Poker stars import

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 11:05 am
by WhiteRider
You'll get better support for PT2 issues if you post in the PT2 forums, so I'll move this..

Re: Change of email address / Poker stars import

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 12:00 pm
by ptrack pat
How were you importing the emails that were sent to the old email account? Were you using the POP3 option on the File > Import Hand Histories/Tournament Summaries window? If so, you need to change the POP3 settings to point to the new email address using the Utilities > POP3 Email Setup window.

Re: Change of email address / Poker stars import

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 1:35 pm
by richmagpies01
Hi Pat,

Usually I just went to 'import hand histories/tournament summary' and clicked the 'check email' button. All my hand histories/tourney results went to my old email and now they are going to my new email but PT doesnt seem to pick them up and when I click the 'check email button' it says there is nothing in my inbox. I didnt have a POP3 email set up.

Cheers,

Rich

Re: Change of email address / Poker stars import

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 1:41 pm
by ptrack pat
The check email option is using whatever email program it is that you use to read your emails, like Outlook Express. If you are getting these emails and are able to see them with your email program then PT should be reading them as well.

What email program do you use? Are you able to see these emails using that program?

Re: Change of email address / Poker stars import

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 1:46 pm
by richmagpies01
I'm using a browser web based email programme (BT Yahoo broadband) and not outlook or anything like that which I used to use. Maybe this is the problem?

Re: Change of email address / Poker stars import

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 3:07 pm
by richmagpies01
Pat,

i ahve now configured ouitlook express so that poker stars hand and tournament summaries get sent to my new email address via outlook express and not just to the web browser based email .However Pokertracker still cant find them in outlook express even though they are there. Any thoughts on how I can get poker tracker to see them in outlook express inbox? Does it matter that my email address is different?

Cheers,

richard

Re: Change of email address / Poker stars import

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 7:03 pm
by ptrack pat
You need to make sure Outlook Express is the default mail program. Open it, go to Tools > Options and on the next window, if the "Make Default" button next to the default mail handler is grayed out. If it's enabled, click on it.