Page 1 of 4

IMPORTING PROBLEM

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:24 am
by ryaned
Yesterday I purchased Poker Tracker and have downloaded V 2.16.03d

I previously downloaded the trial version and imported the 1000 hand histories...yesterday I decided to go for the "whole enchalada"

After importing tye hand histories for my new full version I was suprised to find my hand history folder empty and no new hands added to my new program

Shortly thereafter I learn version 2 is no longer available and version 3 is in beta and I shouldn't get involved unless I'm willing to crash etc

This is my 24 hr history with poker tracker...have no clue what to do...any suggestions

thanks in advance

Re: IMPORTING PROBLEM

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:44 am
by ryaned
will check back in AM

Re: IMPORTING PROBLEM

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:16 am
by ptrack pat
On the auto-import window, did you have the "Move processed files...." option selected? If so, go to the folder where you told PT to move the files to and they should be there. You can move these files back to the hand history folder for whatever site you are playing and then use the Force Import button on the auto-import window for that site to get them all loaded into the new database now that you can import more than 1000 hands.

Re: IMPORTING PROBLEM

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:25 pm
by ryaned
I did what you instructed me to do "Pat" and my hand histories are still missing...the hand history folder that Full Tilt downloads to is empty...I have not played since downloading full version of Poker Tracker...by the way the version of Poker Tracker is 2.16.03d....is this the trial or full version?

Re: IMPORTING PROBLEM

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 3:02 pm
by ptrack pat
[quoteqcc]the hand history folder that Full Tilt downloads to is empty[/quoteqcc]

I don't understand. If you moved the files back from the processed folder then they should be there. Or were there no files in the processed folder, is that what you are saying? PT would never have deleted the files.

Are you using Vista?

Re: IMPORTING PROBLEM

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 3:26 pm
by ryaned
I am using Vista...running as admin
When I went to to auto import drop down window the "move processed files..." box was checked the file apparently had a subfolder with the same name as the folder...when I tried to open the checked boxcontaining the file name went empty and the name of a file appeared intne upper right hand corner of the box "C:users\nes\Users\ryaned2" that is still empty

Re: IMPORTING PROBLEM

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 4:15 pm
by ryaned
will have to check back after work-6PM PST

Re: IMPORTING PROBLEM

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 5:04 pm
by ptrack pat
It sounds like possibly you weren't running PT [bab5]AND [/bab5]FT as administrator and only just started running PT as admin after buying it.

Using Windows Explorer, go to the c:\program files\full tilt poker\handhistory\[username] folder
Are there any text files there? If no, click on the "Compatibility Files" link/button there. Are there any text files there?? If so, move them to the "real" hand history folder and then PT should import them.

NOTE that you have to run ALL your poker software as administrator, Full Tilt, PT, PokerAce, etc, etc or the files aren't going to be where PT is expecting because they get put in that comp. file folder.

Re: IMPORTING PROBLEM

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 11:03 pm
by ryaned
Ther is a folder named c:\program files\full tilt poker\handhistory\[username] folder that contains 10 hand histories dated Oct25-29, 2007
The remainder of my hand histories were in C:\Users\ned\Documents\ryaned2 that is now empty
I think I always ran poker traker as admin but could be wrong

Re: IMPORTING PROBLEM

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 11:29 pm
by ptrack pat
PT doesn't delete files so if that folder is empty, it's not PT that removed the files.

Did you look in the Compatibility Files folder?? Are there any text files there?