PT/PAH agression

General discussion of PokerAce Hud.

Moderator: Moderators

PT/PAH agression

Postby diesel007 » Mon Mar 17, 2008 8:06 pm

I have HUD to show both PAH agression frequencies by streets and PT aggression by streets.
Example:
1 guy has PAH flop AF 38%, PT has 3.
Turn PAH - 32%, PT - 1.
River PAH 30%, PT - 1.
I don't understand why so?

This has probably been answered in the old forum, sorry if it is.
diesel007
 
Posts: 31
Joined: Sat Jan 26, 2008 4:39 pm

Re: PT/PAH agression

Postby APerfect10 » Tue Mar 18, 2008 1:15 am

You are using 'Aggression Frequency' in PokerAce Hud and 'Aggression Factor' in PokerTracker.

You can configure PAH to use aggression factor; however, Aggression Frequency seems to be the preferred HUD stat. The down fall to this is that PT2 does not contain 'Aggression Frequency'.

Best regards,

Derek
APerfect10
Site Admin
 
Posts: 4489
Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2007 6:03 pm

Re: PT/PAH agression

Postby diesel007 » Wed Mar 19, 2008 3:54 am

Let me rephrase my Q:

Why the PAH and PT agressions do not match?

1 guy has PAH flop AF 38%, PT has 3.
Turn PAH - 32%, PT - 1.
River PAH 30%, PT - 1.

Shouldn't it be 38% - 3
32% - 2.6
30% - 2.5 something like that???

Why they do not match? How is it calculated?

Let's take an example:
I raise AKo, BTN calls, flop A2d7d. I bet he calls. Turn 8h. I check he bets. I look at his PAH agression it is 67% !, but I look at PT agression it is ONLY 2. I am going WTF? Is he bluffy here with 67% or he is NOT with agression of only 2???
diesel007
 
Posts: 31
Joined: Sat Jan 26, 2008 4:39 pm

Re: PT/PAH agression

Postby APerfect10 » Wed Mar 19, 2008 4:45 am

Aggression Frequency (AFq) and Aggression Factor (AF) do not have a direct correlation so they would not match or be similar ratio's. Two guy's can have an AF of 1; however, have respective AFq's of 30 and 50.

Code: Select all
Aggression Frequency = [( bet + raised ) / ( bet + raised + called + folded )] * 100
Aggression Factor = ( bet + raised ) / called


Let's take an example:
I raise AKo, BTN calls, flop A2d7d. I bet he calls. Turn 8h. I check he bets. I look at his PAH agression it is 67% !, but I look at PT agression it is ONLY 2. I am going WTF? Is he bluffy here with 67% or he is NOT with agression of only 2???


That would mean that he is betting/raising often, calling pretty frequently and rarely ever folding.

Best regards,

Derek
APerfect10
Site Admin
 
Posts: 4489
Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2007 6:03 pm

Re: PT/PAH agression

Postby ras52 » Tue Apr 15, 2008 7:24 am

Aggression Factor = ( bet + raised ) / called


Can you expand on the components of this equation? E.g. let's say I bet, get raised, then call. Do both my bet and call stats get incremented, or does the more aggressive action override the less aggressive action and only the bet stat get incremented? Similarly, if I bet, get raised, then re-raise, do both of my aggressive actions count?

Cheers!
ras52
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Mar 23, 2008 6:38 am

Re: PT/PAH agression

Postby APerfect10 » Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:16 pm

Its the total sum of those actions therefore in your example you would have 1 bet and 1 call. AF = 1 / 1 = 1.00

Best regards,

Derek
APerfect10
Site Admin
 
Posts: 4489
Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2007 6:03 pm


Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests