Set up question for Poker HUD

General discussion of PokerAce Hud.

Moderator: Moderators

Set up question for Poker HUD

Postby ptlover7 » Mon Feb 16, 2009 5:16 pm

I just downloaded PokerHUD to go with my PT2. Could someone tell me how to set up PT2 to send the hands to HUD as they happen. Right now I'm having to hit the auto import hand manually during a break in the tourny, and I'm way behind on having the hand info. Thanks
ptlover7
 
Posts: 40
Joined: Sun Feb 15, 2009 6:58 pm

Re: Set up question for Poker HUD

Postby WhiteRider » Mon Feb 16, 2009 5:21 pm

PT2 does not 'send' stats to PAH, PAH retrieves it when it notices a new hand history.
You need to have PT2 auto importing if you want up to date stats in the HUD.

The PAHud Documentation explains how to configure PAH.
If you are having trouble configuring PT2 please use the in-built Help.
WhiteRider
Moderator
 
Posts: 54025
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:06 pm
Location: UK

Re: Set up question for Poker HUD

Postby ptlover7 » Mon Feb 16, 2009 5:26 pm

Thanks. I did the configuring choosing the first option and I am auto importing hands to pokertracker which sends them to hud. The thing is that I'm having to auto import them manually and have spent an hour trying to figure out how to just have the hand downloaded to pt2 as it happens, and I can't seem to find a way.
ptlover7
 
Posts: 40
Joined: Sun Feb 15, 2009 6:58 pm

Re: Set up question for Poker HUD

Postby WhiteRider » Mon Feb 16, 2009 5:34 pm

Are you using the Auto Import window in PT2?
Either click the icon for your site or use the menu File -> Auto Import Hand Histories.. and choose your site.
On the window that opens click the Start Timer button.
PT2 has extensive Help menus.
WhiteRider
Moderator
 
Posts: 54025
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:06 pm
Location: UK

Re: Set up question for Poker HUD

Postby ptlover7 » Mon Feb 16, 2009 5:38 pm

when I click the start timer button, that's when it begins importing the hands from my pokerstars hand history folder into pt2. It was all good before but now that I have Hud, I want to have the hands go to pt2 as soon as they are played What I can't figure out is how to have it going all the time so that I don't have to manually click the start timer button each time I want my new hands .
ptlover7
 
Posts: 40
Joined: Sun Feb 15, 2009 6:58 pm

Re: Set up question for Poker HUD

Postby WhiteRider » Mon Feb 16, 2009 5:41 pm

PT2 only imports on the timer - you can set it to import once a minute, but that's the quickest it will happen.
You do not need to keep clicking it, just click start timer and leave it to run.

I've just looked at your ticket, but I'll close it since it's the same issue as you posted here.
WhiteRider
Moderator
 
Posts: 54025
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:06 pm
Location: UK

Re: Set up question for Poker HUD

Postby ptlover7 » Mon Feb 16, 2009 5:46 pm

White Rider: I just realized what you are saying (I think) Are you saying that once I hit the timer, I just minimize pt and move on to my tourny and it will keep firing every minute looking for hands for the entire three or four hour tourney. I have a feeling that's what you've been trying to tell me. If so, is this a heavy burdon on my computer or no big deal. thanks again.
ptlover7
 
Posts: 40
Joined: Sun Feb 15, 2009 6:58 pm

Re: Set up question for Poker HUD

Postby WhiteRider » Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:00 pm

Yes, that's right.
It shouldn't be too big a load on your computer as long as it's not too old and slow.. ;)
..but that is the way you need to do it if you want to see [nearly] up to date stats.
Once you have a few hands on the players each new hand doesn't change the stats too much anyway so there is no real benefit from having hands imported in real time.
(Although that's what PT3 does, and it's HUD will display new data as soon as the hand is imported.)
WhiteRider
Moderator
 
Posts: 54025
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:06 pm
Location: UK

Re: Set up question for Poker HUD

Postby ptlover7 » Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:17 pm

That's a good idea. If I'm at a table for an hour or so I'll shut it off. How many hands need to be played at a table for Hud to engage? Is there anything I need to do to turn Hud on? I've been at a table for 15 hands and nothing is happening although Hud is on and flashing previous mucked hands, Pt shows hands being imported every minute. But no player stats are showing. Thanks for being so patient.
ptlover7
 
Posts: 40
Joined: Sun Feb 15, 2009 6:58 pm

Re: Set up question for Poker HUD

Postby WhiteRider » Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:52 pm

There is a Minimum Hands Required setting in Options -> Preferences.

Do you have the correct databases selected in Options -> Preferences -> Databases -> Holdem?
Check your filters aren't preventing stats being shown: Options -> Preferences -> Filters

If you still can't see player stats Please enable logging, reproduce the problem on a single table and play 30+ hands, and send the PAHud.log file via the Support system so that we can review your configurations and troubleshoot the issue.
Tutorial: How to Create a Log File
WhiteRider
Moderator
 
Posts: 54025
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:06 pm
Location: UK

Next

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests