Page 1 of 2
Possible to get 2 stats made?

Posted:
Thu May 20, 2010 5:07 pm
by jpeter9
It's possible that these stats are already made, but I've looked around in the repository and searched the forums and couldn't find them. I also messed around with the tutorial on building your own stats and think it might be best to have an expert make them, as I'm quite coding illiterate. I would be willing to send some money for time spent.
The two stats that I'm thinking of is how often villain free SD raises (raises the turn in position and checks the river), and the other stat which is probably more complicated is villain's bet % when checked to after we had initiative on the previous street. For example we check/raise the flop, villain calls, the % that villain bets when checked to, but doesn't have to be limited to that particular circumstance.
Thanks in advance
Re: Possible to get 2 stats made?

Posted:
Thu May 20, 2010 6:06 pm
by kraada
Your first stat isn't so bad, you'd need the following two columns:
cnt_free_sd_raise: sum(if[holdem_hand_player_statistics.cnt_t_raise > 0 and holdem_hand_player_detail.flg_t_has_position and holdem_hand_player_statistics.flg_r_check, 1, 0])
and
cnt_free_sd_raise_opp: sum(if[holdem_hand_player_statistics.cnt_t_raise > 0 and holdem_hand_player_detail.flg_t_has_position and holdem_hand_player_statistics.flg_r_open_opp, 1, 0])
The first case is true when a player raises the turn, in position, and checks the river. The second case is true when the player raises the turn in position and has a chance to open the river (ie- does not face a bet). Put the former over the latter and multiply by 100 to get your stat (there's a walkthrough in
this tutorial that you can use these column definitions with).
For your second stat, you'll need to specify a lot more what you mean by "active" before I can help you build anything. Every case needs to be spelled out explicitly, as the stats can't figure these things out for themselves.
Re: Possible to get 2 stats made?

Posted:
Thu May 20, 2010 10:02 pm
by jpeter9
Thanks for you're help, I tried putting the codes into the column section and got a not valid SQL statement errors. I copied and pasted as well as typed them manually.
What I was thinking for the second stat was 2 players in the hand, villain is in position, he just called a bet or raise on the previous street, what's his bet % when checked to. Is that too complicated?
Thanks again
Re: Possible to get 2 stats made?

Posted:
Fri May 21, 2010 9:38 am
by kraada
The first one (cnt_free_sd_raise) validates for me. The second one (cnt_free_sd_raise_opp) should read: sum(if[holdem_hand_player_statistics.cnt_t_raise > 0 and holdem_hand_player_detail.flg_t_has_position and holdem_hand_player_detail.flg_r_open_opp, 1, 0])
Your second stat is doable with that definition, though I think it's easier to split things and make 4 columns here - two for turn, two for river. They'd read:
cnt_t_bet_after_call_flop: sum(if[holdem_hand_summary.cnt_players_f = 2 and holdem_hand_player_detail.flg_f_has_position and holdem_hand_player_statistics.cnt_f_call > 0 and holdem_hand_player_statistics.flg_t_bet, 1, 0])
Here we check for 2 players on the flop (which implies 2 players on all other streets), that the player in question has position, he made one or more calls on the previous street, and he bet the turn (which must be the first bet on the street, otherwise it would be a raise).
cnt_t_open_opp_after_call_flop: sum(if[holdem_hand_summary.cnt_players_f = 2 and holdem_hand_player_detail.flg_f_has_position and holdem_hand_player_statistics.cnt_f_call > 0 and holdem_hand_player_detail.flg_t_open_opp, 1, 0])
This is similar just we replace the turn action of betting is replaced with the turn open opportunity.
To make river versions, just change _t_ to _r_ and _f_ to _t_, then in your stat you want turn plus river action over turn plus river opportunities, multiplied by 100. (Also with this structure you can see if people vary in their turn and river play here.)
Re: Possible to get 2 stats made?

Posted:
Fri May 21, 2010 4:45 pm
by jpeter9
I got it working, tyty. I realized the problem was I was pasting the name in to the expression box as to why I was getting the error message. I'll ship some money to you on stars if you want for your time.
Thanks
Re: Possible to get 2 stats made?

Posted:
Fri May 21, 2010 6:11 pm
by marvin
about free sd, if it is made how is suggested, it counts also the hands when:
(turn) villain bet button raise (for buyng SD) villain makes a 3bet and hero call // (river) villain check hero check.
i think is better use lookup action R like (last char) about hero
Re: Possible to get 2 stats made?

Posted:
Fri May 21, 2010 7:28 pm
by kraada
You could do it that way or you could add "and holdem_hand_player_detail.amt_t_raise_facing = 0" - that ensures you face no raise on the turn. Both should work, go with whichever you prefer.
Re: Possible to get 2 stats made?

Posted:
Thu Jun 03, 2010 5:49 am
by jpeter9
I believe that I have the stats working correctly, but for some reason they don't seem to be averaging correctly at the bottom of the column when accounting for the stat across all limits. In the format expression box for the stat I have "/%.2f" and have the format summary expression box empty. Any ideas?
Re: Possible to get 2 stats made?

Posted:
Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:34 am
by kraada
If you want them to average in the summary, make sure the Summary Type on the columns in question is set to Average.
Re: Possible to get 2 stats made?

Posted:
Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:49 am
by jpeter9
Bump,
I was trying to recreate these two stats in PT4 and was having issues as I see the some of the notation has change. I tried changing the holdem_hand_player_statistics to cash_hand_player_statistics yet, I was still unable to get the expression validated.
Thanks