PT3 Simply not working

Experiencing technical difficulties? Think you've found a problem with PokerTracker 3? Report it here.

Moderator: Moderators

PT3 Simply not working

Postby rusex69 » Thu Jun 12, 2008 5:07 pm

Hello,
Im using the beta .13 just released and I dont know if its because I have more than 4mill hands but PT3 is either extremely slow or not working, I click on any player and the stats just doesnt load it says Loading...Loading.................. so is it because I have too many hands or what is going on, I see all the players which are more than 50k and thats it cannot get individual stats, also having problems with pokerobersver hud recognizing the data in the PT3 DB since PT3 Hud doesnt work...
rusex69

Re: PT3 Simply not working

Postby Josh » Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:39 pm

Have you clustered/vacuumed/analyzed your database? This should be done on a regular basis.
Josh
Site Admin

Postby rusex69 » Fri Jun 13, 2008 8:33 am

Ive tried doing it but it takes so long that I simply stop it, One day I had it clustering for more than 12 hours... how long is it suppose to take?
rusex69

Postby tarix » Fri Jun 13, 2008 11:50 am

rusex69 wrote:Ive tried doing it but it takes so long that I simply stop it, One day I had it clustering for more than 12 hours... how long is it suppose to take?

A long time with that many hands. Especially if you haven't ever let it finish before. Depending on your hardware 12 hours might be nothing. Luckly you can start and stop it and it will mostly continue from where it left off.

If you have a lot of memory you might also want to look at tuning your postgres configuration settings. A few of them can be increased to make clustering a little bit faster.
tarix
Developer

Postby rusex69 » Fri Jun 13, 2008 11:55 am

I didnt know I could stop the clustering and then continue, Where exactly is the button to do it?
Which setting would you recommend adjusting in the postgres to make it run faster? I have 3gb memory. Could you also explain how/where to change this settings.
Thanks!
rusex69

Return to Technical Support / Bug Reports [Read Only]