getting database on right hard drive on new computer

Experiencing technical difficulties? Think you've found a problem with PokerTracker 3? Report it here.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: getting database on right hard drive on new computer

Postby themightyjim2k » Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:38 pm

I looked around in the files and I think it is. I think my Win7 install is just taking a lot more of my C drive than I thought and my DB I restored was much smaller than I thought (I think my previous DB was close to 30 GB but this one is only about 7GB). In the end I'm pretty sure I was just confused and it's working fine.

sorry to waste your time. I won't bump this unless I notice some problem in the near future. Also FWIW the backup and restore functionality of PT3 is pretty awesome. It was amazing how fast I was able to get get going on a new PC vs what it took 4 years ago.

thanks for the help.
themightyjim2k

Re: getting database on right hard drive on new computer

Postby tarix » Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:26 pm

themightyjim2k wrote:I think my Win7 install is just taking a lot more of my C drive than I thought

You might want to Google two things to tweak the usage of space on your C: drive. The first is your page file size. The defaults in Windows are a little heavy for an SSD system. Second, you might consider turning off hibernate or shrinking the hibernation file. Be sure you don't want to use the functionality before you turn it off. Adjusting both of these saved me about 8GB of space.

(This has nothing to do with PT3 but a little tweaking seems to go a long way for SSD drives.)
tarix
Developer

Previous

Return to Technical Support / Bug Reports [Read Only]