I want a link that can guide me through PTV2 to PT3

Experiencing technical difficulties? Think you've found a problem with PokerTracker 3? Report it here.

Moderator: Moderators

I want a link that can guide me through PTV2 to PT3

Postby germany » Thu Sep 08, 2011 1:28 pm

I have PTV2 and PTV3
I have PTV2 postsql database, quite a large one, have hands over 1 000 000!

How to convert the database to PT3, thannks.

Additional question, if transfer to PT3 , will it take up large amound of space in my harddisk?
Thanks. :D
germany

Re: I want a link that can guide me through PTV2 to PT3

Postby WhiteRider » Fri Sep 09, 2011 3:32 am

You can convert your PT2 database to PT3 automatically using the menu option Database > Convert, as long as you have hand history text saved in your PT2 database. Otherwise you would need to Manual Import from the original hand history files if you still have those.
1M hands should take about 10GB, depending on the type of hands.
WhiteRider

Postby germany » Fri Sep 09, 2011 3:37 am

Thanks for instructions.

THAT mean i need 10 gb in my harddisk?

Moreover, i am scared to death in the converting process.

WIll it take several days to convert , or will it cause thec computer to hang/ stop working?
Cuz the database in PTV2 seems too large! 1m hands!
germany

Postby WhiteRider » Fri Sep 09, 2011 3:54 am

Yes, that is a rough estimate of the space needed. For optimum performance you will need more free space, though. If there isn't enough disk space for PostgreSQL to move files around efficiently then it will slow things down somewhat. Ideally you should have at least as much free space as the size of your database (although that is not actually required).
The conversion process may take some time for that many hands, but exactly how long will depend very much on your computer.
If you still have the original hand history files you could import from those instead and then you could do it in batches when you're not using your computer for instance. If you do that, disable the housekeeping options in the Manual Import until the final import - there is no point doing it after each partial import.
PT3 will handle 1M hands just fine (as long as your system is up to it - see the Minimum Requirements in the FAQ).
WhiteRider

Postby germany » Fri Sep 09, 2011 7:05 am

Thanks again.

I think i would manuel import the handhistoy files rather than using the button "convert"
germany

Postby germany » Sun Jan 15, 2012 7:48 am

Hi, SORRY for post after such a long time!
question again .

As following in the previous posts,
1)Can i designate where the 10 GB space goes to ? i only have space in my D: not C:!

Also
under the "convert " method.
ALL i need is just :

2)open PT3 , then go to : database => convert => convert poker tracker 2 database , right? Nothing more than that.

3)I ask because I have some hands both in my PT3 database and PTV2 already , cuz i have already imported quite a large number of hands BOTH in PT3 and PTV2 , not a problem i need to tackle , right ? Because after i click conversion , it just overwrite everything and then all hands come from PTV2 appeare in PT3?

4) How much time is need for one million hands in my PTV2, the conversion. How do i know if the computer is just "hang" or processing the conversion ?

PLEASE answer 4 questions, thanks!
Welcome any friends commet here who have done such a conversion of ptv2 postsq to pt3 too!

Thanks!
germany

Postby WhiteRider » Sun Jan 15, 2012 1:10 pm

1) The database will be stored wherever PostgreSQL is configured to save it. By default this will be on the same drive that it was installed to, which will be C: by default.
If you want to change that have a look at the tutorials in the Database / PostgreSQL FAQ.

2) Correct. All the conversion does is export the hand histories from your PT2 database and then import them to your PT3 database, but that is all automated.

3) Any hands already in your PT3 database will be ignored as duplicates, and not imported again. This won't cause any problems.

4) It is hard to estimate how long it will take, but the Import Status window will keep track of imports so you should be able to see it progressing.
WhiteRider

Postby germany » Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:19 pm

Comprehensive answers, much thanks from me!
germany

Postby germany » Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:50 am

Hey, sorry , one more question.

I just check my PTV2 postsql driectory in my local hardisk, find that occupying 12.5 Gb,
Does it mean that i need 12.5Gb as well when i move from ptv2 to pt3 ,by clicking the conversion button ?

Thanks, if so , then i must use my D: , because my C: does not have 12.5 gb space free.
germany

Postby kraada » Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:28 am

I believe you'll actually need more space though it's been a long time since I looked at the difference between the PT2 and PT3 database structure.
kraada

Next

Return to Technical Support / Bug Reports [Read Only]