Page 1 of 1

PT2 database conversion ??

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 6:56 pm
by orentha
I want to convert a PT2 postgres database.

In PT3, i go to database, convert.

and the "select postgresql database" box pops up, but i get this message:
"Unable to login to database (postgres). Reason: FATAL: database "postgres" does not exist"

Just curious how to proceed from here?

Re: PT2 database conversion ??

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 7:07 pm
by Josh
What version of PostgreSQL are you running?

Re: PT2 database conversion ??

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 7:13 pm
by orentha
looks like 8.0.3

Re: PT2 database conversion ??

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 7:51 pm
by APerfect10
[quote="orentha"0wy]looks like 8.0.3[/quote0wy]

You are missing your users table in PostgreSQL. (We should be able to get around this though)

Go Start->Run-> type "cmd" then OK. Type "cd C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\8.3\bin". (or wherever your PostgreSQL bin directory is located)

Then copy and paste the command below and hit enter.

[code0wy]createdb -E SQL_ASCII -O postgres -U postgres postgres[/code0wy]

Enter your password for user "postgres" and the database will be created. Now try to convert your database in PT3.

Best regards,

Derek

Re: PT2 database conversion ??

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 9:06 pm
by orentha
ok, I'm an idiot
I have version 8.0

(or at least that's the only postgres directory i have on my computer...)

Should I upgrade it? if so, to what version?

Re: PT2 database conversion ??

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 9:11 pm
by APerfect10
[quote="orentha"soh]ok, I'm an idiot
I have version 8.0

(or at least that's the only postgres directory i have on my computer...)

Should I upgrade it? if so, to what version?[/quotesoh]

I probably would upgrade; however, that will require that you backup all of your existing databases...

Do a complete uninstall, reboot your computer, download the PT3 version with PostgreSQL and install.

Best regards,

Derek

PS. Doing this should also alleviate the other error that you are experiencing when trying to convert your databases.