Rush HUD

Experiencing technical difficulties? Think you've found a problem with PokerTracker 3? Report it here.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Rush HUD

Postby tarix » Sun Jan 31, 2010 8:52 pm

At least report your computer specs. We've had very few tickets on this come in so far and many of them have been configuration issues. Currently this does not look to be widespread at all.
tarix
Developer

Postby unabridged » Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:06 am

My HUD is running a few hands behind too. As the session got longer it got more and more delayed. I was playing 4 tables.

I have XP sp3, 2GB ram, core2duo 1.86GHz, 5400 rpm hdd
unabridged

Postby tarix » Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:17 am

unabridged wrote:5400 rpm hdd

You are definitely going to need to have a database for Rush only. Tuning postgres would also help if you've never done that. Also create a new Hud profile for Rush and delete any stat you think is extraneous. It's just really hard to pull the data off of 5400rpm drives.

Also, if you could send us some logs it will help us know what we need to be looking at to improve performance.
tarix
Developer

Postby lihan » Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:41 am

i also have lag problems. if i play 1 table its fine but if i play 3 tables the hud will lag a lot. if i fold like 3 hands in a row it will display stats for people on each of the hands i folded before getting to the current hand so it can take up to 15 seconds for the current stats to show up.
lihan

Postby unabridged » Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:47 am

I have this database on a seperate drive from my OS and no other programs are using this drive. I've ran all the housekeeping on my database after purging the rush hands and reloading them. Should I just PM you a log or start a ticket?

I've just checked my hdd and actually it turned out to be 7200 rpm, its a SAMSUNG HD753LJ. I will check out the performance tuning threads,are there any settings you can suggest changing?
unabridged

Postby tarix » Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:37 am

unabridged wrote:Should I just PM you a log or start a ticket?

Start a ticket with your logs and post the ticket # here.
tarix
Developer

Postby js2002 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:50 am

@my sitout -> sitin problem:

Tarix, does it has sth to do with this:

2010/01/31 12:39:49.890: [000004BC][wxWidgets] Error: Failed to create connection to server 'PokerTrackerHud:IPC' on topic 'PT3': a client's attempt to establish a conversation has failed.

?
js2002

Postby techvoodoo » Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:53 am

testing out the hud with rush and so far i'm lagging behind and seeing stats from players from many hands prior. I quick fold a lot and 4 table, seeing on average 1200 hands per hour. the software just isn't keeping up with me at all.
techvoodoo

Postby techvoodoo » Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:57 am

noticed something interesting. i sat out at all my tables and stopped auto import and for about 30 seconds the hud stats keep updating ever 2 or 3 seconds, looked like they were trying to catch up to the last hand played.
techvoodoo

Postby techvoodoo » Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:19 am

Ok I tested it a little bit further.

To start I just started my auto-import and jumped into 4 tables and got going. I noticed the hud was displaying on all 4 tables and appeared correct on the first hand. After a series of quick fold I had a hand I wanted to play and the hud was showing stats for a different player.

I stopped all the tables, stopped the auto import, and sat out a few minutes. While I was sitting out the hud was still up and was refreshing every 2 or 3 seconds roughly and eventually disappeared.

I sat back in to 1 table after restarting the auto import. after a few seconds the hud came up. I played several hands not auto folding just waiting for the action to get to me and click fold. The HUD was staying up to date mostly, taking a couple seconds to refresh to the stats of the current players at the table.

I then started mashing the quick fold button and was 6-8 hands behind within a matter of seconds. I then sat on the button at one table and didn't quick fold and watched as the hud slowly tried to catch up to the current hand.

My computer specs are a 3.2ghz intel core 2 duo (first generation dual core), 4gb ram, 160GB SATA 7200rpm.

Anyone else having these issues, have a fix?
techvoodoo

PreviousNext

Return to Technical Support / Bug Reports [Read Only]