considering purchase

General discussion of PokerTracker 3.

Moderator: Moderators

considering purchase

Postby bradleyboy » Wed Jun 18, 2008 11:46 pm

I have been happy with PT2 for years now. I had my laptop stolen so I only have it on my PC now. If I buy PT3, will I be able to put it on both of my computers even though my new laptop doesn't have the old tracker? Also, will I be able to transfer my data from PT2 into PT3 with ease? Lastly, will I no longer have a need for Game time Plus for the overlay on the tables? Thanks in advance for the info.
bradleyboy

Re: considering purchase

Postby jmflu » Thu Jun 19, 2008 1:56 am

Use the free trial imo.
jmflu

Postby jgoldseth » Thu Jun 19, 2008 3:29 am

dont buy this product unless you want to deal with deceptive scumbags and subpar software!
jgoldseth

Postby keggler » Thu Jun 19, 2008 3:55 am

jgoldseth wrote:dont buy this product unless you want to deal with deceptive scumbags and subpar software!

i for one, and i'm sure the rest of the community in here, moderators or PT development staff, find your comment there deeply offensive...

don't expect too many replies to any of your other posts in these forums (from me anyway) - i suggest you take your snide comments somewhere else.

susan
keggler

Postby keggler » Thu Jun 19, 2008 3:59 am

bradleyboy wrote:I have been happy with PT2 for years now. I had my laptop stolen so I only have it on my PC now. If I buy PT3, will I be able to put it on both of my computers even though my new laptop doesn't have the old tracker? Also, will I be able to transfer my data from PT2 into PT3 with ease? Lastly, will I no longer have a need for Game time Plus for the overlay on the tables? Thanks in advance for the info.

hi - yes you should be able to do all of these things - there's a PT2 - 3 conversion built into the PT3; the licence for PT3 lets you install it legally on 2 machines - you can even network the 2 machines into the same PT3 database if you want.

check the FAQ's - any problems post back or you can PM me...

susan
keggler

Postby Kenzeii » Thu Jun 19, 2008 5:17 am

I have bought PT3, and i installed it on both my laptops (i have one at home, and one when i am travelling). But the laptop at home has crashed, and i need to reinstall both windows xp, and all other programs as well as PT3. Since I have used the reg. code twice already, can i reinnstall it on the computer?
Kenzeii

Postby keggler » Thu Jun 19, 2008 5:24 am

don't see why not - if it doesn't work, raise a support ticket and explain your problem and i'm sure the moderators will sort you out...

susan
keggler

Postby tarix » Thu Jun 19, 2008 6:45 am

bradleyboy wrote:I have been happy with PT2 for years now.

I really enjoy using PokerTracker 3. However I suggest you take advantage of the trial and make sure it is currently worth $90 to you. There are currently features that PT2 has that are not in PT3.
tarix
Developer

Postby jgoldseth » Fri Jun 20, 2008 2:07 am

keggler wrote:
jgoldseth wrote:dont buy this product unless you want to deal with deceptive scumbags and subpar software!

i for one, and i'm sure the rest of the community in here, moderators or PT development staff, find your comment there deeply offensive...

don't expect too many replies to any of your other posts in these forums (from me anyway) - i suggest you take your snide comments somewhere else.

susan

Wow their e-feelings are hurt, guess what I threw away $80 on this software which was fradulently released as 'ready'. I also have lost a good deal on the tables trying futilely to get the HUD to work as my games all freeze/crash. If they offered me a refund I would be willing to let the rest go, but they are keeping my money and advising me to join the beta test team and work for them for free. LOL great guys.
jgoldseth

Postby tarix » Fri Jun 20, 2008 4:33 am

jgoldseth wrote:Wow their e-feelings are hurt, guess what I threw away $80 on this software which was fradulently released as 'ready'.

Software that works great for me and many others. Others that are too busy playing poker to post on this forum.

jgoldseth wrote:I also have lost a good deal on the tables trying futilely to get the HUD to work as my games all freeze/crash.

I have had the HUD crash on me. Not once has it ever froze a game in such a way that would prevent play.

jgoldseth wrote:If they offered me a refund I would be willing to let the rest go, but they are keeping my money and advising me to join the beta test team and work for them for free. LOL great guys.

You are a native English speaker, but it appears you have trouble grasping the nuances of the language. They asked you to submit bug reports so that they could respond to your issues. You've failed to take the most basic trouble shooting steps there are. This is exactly what any software company in the world would ask of you if you were having trouble with their products. It is not an unreasonable request.
tarix
Developer

Next

Return to General [Read Only]