ever gonna get a new build?

General discussion of PokerTracker 3.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: ever gonna get a new build?

Postby keggler » Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:34 pm

yea right; and how many software developers did you have???

in my experience, a bug fix is not a beta,or alpha for that matter - show-stopping bugs maybe fixed overnight; more less severe errors are gathered for the next RC and then let go in alpha, beta & onto final release...

susan
keggler

Postby oracle3001 » Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:46 pm

Wooo, calm down. I was simply saying there are more than one way to skin a cat. PT3 is taking one approach, HM is taking another. Both are trying to achieve the same end, with similar size teams. Both released too early and from then on have been trying to get their products fixed.

I can understand the PT guys unwillingness to have v13.x's all over the place and lots of people reporting faults, but not which of many versions.

However, I can also see the benefits of some clear consistent bugs, such as the HUD only picking up party tables that are been played before the auto-import is started (rather than as and when), been sorted asap. After all we have paid for this "released" product, and the HUD was able to do this in beta 12, but not beta 13 (I can't go back to beta 12, as I couldn't multi-table, which I can on beta 13). So I am still left with a half functioning product, when I am 100% certain as this aspect has been broken between beta 12 and beta 13 that it is probably a very small error in the code.
oracle3001

Postby sprstoner » Wed Jun 18, 2008 6:38 pm

ok. i will try beta 13 i guess.

my main probs with build 3, is at times it seems to clash with ftp and freeze up all my tables... so all i have to do is close pt3 and all my tables free up. when i restart, stats are usually on wrong tables for a while.

random crashes

and sometimes lag, like afte the hand it shows what everyone mucked... sometime it wont show up till 2 or 3 hands later.
sprstoner

Postby tarix » Thu Jun 19, 2008 6:52 am

keggler wrote:yea right; and how many software developers did you have???

You have it backwards. The smaller the development team the better the regression process needs to be. For a product like PokerTracker it should be completely automated. You feed a $2,000 machine electricity and let it do nothing but build the latest build and run the regression suite. Cheapest employee ever.

This is 2008. Using this kind of software development should be second nature to everyone by now.
tarix
Developer

Postby sprstoner » Sat Jun 21, 2008 7:00 pm

what a waste of time beta 13 doesnt even work.

just keeps getting worse?

some weird hud error after a few minutes everytime, freezes my pc for a min, then a pop up says something like, hud was forced to stop, restart pokertracker.

so gay they charge us so early.
sprstoner

Postby Josh » Sat Jun 21, 2008 8:56 pm

Please submit a log file as instructed by the sticky in the Technical Support forum.
Josh
Site Admin

Previous

Return to General [Read Only]