So whats the deal now

General discussion of PokerTracker 3.

Moderator: Moderators

So whats the deal now

Postby dannyboy2 » Mon Jun 09, 2008 8:11 am

When will there be the next update which fixes at least the import errors?
I am waiting now for 3 1/2 weeks to use this program at all. I couldnt do a SINGLE thing with it because it doesnt import
my hands properly (PP). Trusting/buying PT3 is sadly the worst deal I have made for a long time, I surely wont do it again in future!
So when can I at least expect to use this construction site at all?
dannyboy2

Re: So whats the deal now

Postby kraada » Mon Jun 09, 2008 2:41 pm

Josh is working as fast as he can to get out something new.

I've got a feeling we will be seeing something very shortly.

Please be patient, we are as anxious to get things stabilized and working as you are (if not more so).
kraada

Postby sandart » Tue Jun 10, 2008 1:29 am

The program have just been launched, give them some time to work out the perks. When they have to reply to posts like this its more time consuming - they are aware of the problem, and for us users just lame listening to..

If party import isnt working, change site or use PT2 for a while until its fixed.

dannyboy2 wrote:Trusting/buying PT3 is sadly the worst deal I have made for a long time, I surely wont do it again in future!

Dont think u will say that in a couple of months!

btw good job guys

Dennis
sandart

Postby dannyboy2 » Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:00 am

Just been launched? Wake up, its nearly 4 weeks over. For "you user just lame listening to"?
Know what? I dont care at all. I paid for this software and I dont hesitate to ask and/or complain as much as I want if it doesnt work!
And you dont really think that I "change site" because the import doesnt work...? Are you drunk?
Yes - I will say that also in a couple of month, because it doesnt change a single thing how "great" it will be then.
Fact is I paid for a construction site at one time I was promised something else, and I will never give the benefit again.
Abuse your own thread as compliment thread for a "good job", because NO - it is NOT a good job!
dannyboy2

Postby jmflu » Tue Jun 10, 2008 8:47 am

Im kinda with Danny here. I am not for the people incessantly whining about it but the blind admiration posts are even more annoying. A lot of people dont think that the guys should get ripped on but to tell them Good Job and to act as if they should be immune from complaints and criticism from paying customers is silly.

At this point i just am not going to get my hopes up about this product until they get there shit together. Which sucks because PT2 blows imo although PAHUD rocks.
jmflu

Postby kraada » Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:01 am

I can add that there was another alpha build released yesterday which, though I haven't had time to test it yet personally, should go a long way towards fixing things. Please do be patient and give us a little time.
kraada

Postby tarix » Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:18 am

kraada wrote:I can add that there was another alpha build released yesterday which, though I haven't had time to test it yet personally, should go a long way towards fixing things. Please do be patient and give us a little time.

I can add that it sucks huge massive we-all-know-what that there aren't daily builds available for paying customers.

If you don't have at least three fully separate versions of PokerTracker that are fully versioned and mergable then there is something seriously wrong with your software development processes.

It should be trivial for you guys to fix existing problems while adding new functionality. It's a bad business decision to have everyone working on just one thing be it bugs or features.

You have decided to charge a premium price for you product. You need to make sure your business practices actually reflect that.

(Granted software product management is my life so of course I would see it from this perspective!)
tarix
Developer

Postby PascalT » Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:24 am

I love PT and I do plan on buying PT3, but they shouldn't have released the program for purchase until it was out of "beta". Selling beta software that is rushed is the plague of the software (and gaming) industry.
PascalT

Postby tiagosilva » Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:33 pm

I think its our given right to complain, its been ALOT of time since we don't have a new build, and our hopes were high up with : 'soon' 'mid this week' and other bla bla's.

We pay'ed, its our right to complain if the product in our hands doesn't do what it should, and people at poker tracker should realize that they need to gain back the trust of their users, cause there IS alternatives to PT3.
tiagosilva

Postby eraser066 » Wed Jun 11, 2008 12:48 am

1) I think they need more programmers! We are waiting for build #3 since almost 1 month! Well now it's too late for bringing more programmers so I guess we'll have to wait some more.

2) I bought PT3 that fast because I wanted to save some money since I have PT2 since around december. I was a satisfied customer, they pushed me to pay fast to get a discount and now I'm stuck with a build #2 that crashes every 15 minutes. This is far from commercial release quality.

So... I'm going to have to UPGRADE to PT2
eraser066

Next

Return to General [Read Only]