complete rip off

General discussion of PokerTracker 3.

Moderator: Moderators

complete rip off

Postby ozsnowbum » Fri May 30, 2008 11:12 pm

just had to voice my opinion in that i prepaid for pt3 thinking it was actually a product worth buying and instead i have used it maybe a handful of times because it crashes like crazy, doesnt have hud support for ongame which i play at mostly and just simply doesnt do anything that my current pt2 + pahud setup is doing.
i have asked for a refund because im not even using pt3 it sux so much, im using pt2 but nope they wont give me my money back because they dont have to even though their product doesnt do anything, what great customer service, even though i am a loyal customer and have used their software for all these years. i would definately buy pt3 if it actually provided me with some actual benefit but nope all they want is their $75 which to me is absolutely nothing but its the principle of taking my money for such a shoddy product.
do the right thing
ozsnowbum

Re: complete rip off

Postby dannyboy2 » Fri May 30, 2008 11:42 pm

?? Why dont they give you a refund? Relating to this topic viewtopic.php?f=15&t=6035&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&hilit=i+would+ike+a+refund#p27921
Josh answered:
If you really want a refund due to PT3 not working properly, we will offer it (contact us via the support system). Be aware though, that you will lose your discount opportunity if you decide in the future to come back to PT3 (once it has far more features than HM). If you decide to stick with us and give us the benefit of a doubt, I feel you will not be disappointed. You will see a lot of progress with PT3 over the next couple of months.
dannyboy2

Postby ozsnowbum » Sat May 31, 2008 1:47 am

Jeff:

Thank you for contacting Pokertracker support. I am sorry, but a refund is not possible

this was their email to me.
if others are recieving refunds and i am not, then what does that tell you about their service?
ozsnowbum

Postby Bambi » Sat May 31, 2008 2:43 am

I find it too funny when ppl dont even try the trials of software they're buying and afterwards rant about their bad decision.

There's a trial time for a reason.
Bambi

Postby Grigo » Sat May 31, 2008 4:01 am

It's been almost two weeks and I've read dozens of post like this, but still I'm not getting it. Everybody whines and complaints about pt3. Everybody feels cheated and tricked. I'm still asking myself why. Here's a few things you should think about:

1. On the top of the purchase page it says:
If you have not yet downloaded and installed PokerTracker™ 3, please download and install before purchasing. NO REFUNDS will be issued so please take full advantage of the free 30 day trial.

2. If you bought it you should think about it as a future investment. I mean most of us will be using pt3 for next five years, maybe even the whole decade, so why complaint about few days/weeks at the beginning. Imo it's not like pt3 and the whole team will disappear in a year.

3. If you can't use pt3 and you already buy it, there is older version available for free.

4. The way I see this whole thing: In a few days/weeks I will be using bug free version of pt3. In a few months I will be using bug free and feature rich version of pt3. Imo it will be superior to every other piece of poker software.

btw I don't hate hm or something like that I'm grateful for it because it change the whole poker software world.
btw2 I didn't buy pt3 yet, there's simply no need, also I'm not experiencing any bugs. This propably puts me on the opposite side of spectrum, but still you should consider the whole thing from another POV.
Grigo

Postby dannyboy2 » Sat May 31, 2008 9:42 am

Maybe some things YOU kind of guys should think about: You try to blame the customers, telling we should have read the terms of the "COMMERCIAL RELEASE", used the trial version first, in the second sentences you expect us to TRUST the software and the team, "Great Support", "oustanding software", "future investment", "give the team a break" bla bla bla.
YES - I didnt use the trial because i TRUSTED in that "great team", I use PT2 for years and I was sure after months of developing and beta testing PT3 would work if the team announces it as "commercial", at least with the standard functions PT2 has.....
So now, I cant use it AT ALL for 2 WEEKS..... they announced a patch 3 times - didnt happen........ josh said they will offer a refund - obviously not true again.
And now you tell us to TRUST in that team and that prog? How? If you tell us its our fault by not trying the trial first then dont tell us about having trust in that software/team!! That wouldn fit together.
2. I wasnt asked for a future investment. They offered a working new release of a once great program and I paid for THAT. They didnt tell us they would need some credit to develop a tool that works sometimes in the future. But apart from that I dont blame them for some bugs. I blame them for not bringing out a patch for over 2 weeks that at least fixes the worst bugs. You simply cant release a software (that is STILL beeing SOLD!!!!!!) without fixing fundamental probs a few days after. And no - I dont think I want to wait for ONE patch that fixes ALL bugs becuase that will last months!
3. I already used PT2 for 2 years and paid for it. And now I paid for PT3 so I can expect to get an achievement.
4. Nice that you dont have problems with PT3. Simply be glad.
dannyboy2

Postby tarix » Sat May 31, 2008 11:30 am

This whining is awesome. It reminds me of the same guys who call raise after raise with their runner runner flush and then complain when it doesn't work out for them.

It took me about 1 hour of using the trial of PokerTracker 3 for me to realize that with it's current feature set it would not work for me. It took me even less time to realize how useless Hold'em Manager is.

If you already bought PT3 then you have already capped the betting pre-flop. Just wait for the hand to finish! There is nothing out there that will beat PT2 and PT3 anytime soon.

If you haven't bought PT3 and are a PT2 user then just use the trial. It's very easy to figure out if it can replace PT2/PAH.

If you haven't bought PT3 or PT2 then you are just a fool. :D
tarix
Developer

Postby gspeers » Sat May 31, 2008 11:40 am

DannyBoy - I agree with you completely. Perhaps I should have tested it before I bought it, but I believed in the team and the fact that they had been testing it for months. Based on the quality of PT2 that they would not release a product to the public that wasn't ready. Also, I am tired of hearing about an update that is coming "in a few days", then "early next week", then "soon", but never shows. I am starting to think that there is no update, no refunds, just something to sell to an unsuspecting public. For me, if they would just say something like, "We are in over our heads, we really don't know how to fix the problems, we have good intentions and we hope to be able to someday make the product work." that would at least show an willingness to level with their customers. But I guess if they did that, they wouldn't be able to keep bringing in money.

Danny Boy said:
Maybe some things YOU kind of guys should think about: You try to blame the customers, telling we should have read the terms of the "COMMERCIAL RELEASE", used the trial version first, in the second sentences you expect us to TRUST the software and the team, "Great Support", "oustanding software", "future investment", "give the team a break" bla bla bla.
YES - I didnt use the trial because i TRUSTED in that "great team", I use PT2 for years and I was sure after months of developing and beta testing PT3 would work if the team announces it as "commercial", at least with the standard functions PT2 has.....
So now, I cant use it AT ALL for 2 WEEKS..... they announced a patch 3 times - didnt happen........ josh said they will offer a refund - obviously not true again.
And now you tell us to TRUST in that team and that prog? How? If you tell us its our fault by not trying the trial first then dont tell us about having trust in that software/team!! That wouldn fit together.
2. I wasnt asked for a future investment. They offered a working new release of a once great program and I paid for THAT. They didnt tell us they would need some credit to develop a tool that works sometimes in the future. But apart from that I dont blame them for some bugs. I blame them for not bringing out a patch for over 2 weeks that at least fixes the worst bugs. You simply cant release a software (that is STILL beeing SOLD!!!!!!) without fixing fundamental probs a few days after. And no - I dont think I want to wait for ONE patch that fixes ALL bugs becuase that will last months!
3. I already used PT2 for 2 years and paid for it. And now I paid for PT3 so I can expect to get an achievement.
4. Nice that you dont have problems with PT3. Simply be glad.
gspeers

Postby prezepio » Sat May 31, 2008 11:13 pm

prezepio

Postby ozsnowbum » Sun Jun 01, 2008 1:50 am

ok they did the right thing and refunded my money. now once the product is useful to me, ill purchase it, until then ill just continue to use pt2
ozsnowbum

Next

Return to General [Read Only]