HUD - Table Stats

General discussion of PokerTracker 3.

Moderator: Moderators

HUD - Table Stats

Postby alonalbert » Tue May 27, 2008 12:13 am

Hey

I'm trying to get PT3 HUD to display VPIP/PFR/Avg Pot similar to PA.

I created a new group called Table and set it to Type "Normal" and Show "Table Averages: Show on Table"

I added VPIP & PFR.

I have 2 questions:
1. Is this correct? Will this show the table average?
2. Is it possible to add Average Pot Size? I can't find a stat for that and I'm not sure how to create one.
alonalbert

Re: HUD - Table Stats

Postby WhiteRider » Tue May 27, 2008 4:20 am

1. Yes, that's correct. Please be aware that at the moment this is a weighted average, players with more hands affect the value more than those with few hands. Unweighted average will be added.
2. Average Pot Size is not yet available, but will be added.
WhiteRider

Postby Seitz333 » Thu May 29, 2008 12:49 pm

Just curious, since you say it is weighted does this mean that if I have 1000 hands on a player and lets say his Saw Flop is 50%, but he just sat down and only has 10 hands at this new tables, does that mean the table average is using the 1000 hands I have on the player or just the 10 hands since he has been sitting at the table?

I'm assuming it is using the 1000 hands and when the unweighted option is available then it only counts hands played during the current session at that particular table.

I was playing in a 2/4 NL yesterday for about 1hr and had 50 hands. The table average for Saw Flop was 58, but on the PokerStars lobby it showed the % of players that Saw Flop was 24.

Chuck
Seitz333

Postby WhiteRider » Thu May 29, 2008 1:52 pm

It is weighted in that players with more hands contribute more to the average than those with less, so yes a player with 1000 hands will totally swamp a player with 10 hands.
An average method will be added where everyone's stats count the same regardless of how many hands they have played.
WhiteRider

Postby scbrigad » Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:45 am

Is there a way to get this statistic (or create a custom statistic) to ignore all players with less than X hands played for the average? I was going to just take the weighted BB/100 and the unweighted BB/100 and average those two, but ignoring really new players would be even better. Any way to do do this / add this?
scbrigad

Postby WhiteRider » Tue Jun 17, 2008 4:14 am

I suspect it's more to do with the way the table average is calculated, rather than how the stat itself is calculated, so I don't think a custom stat would help here.
WhiteRider

Postby tribefan9 » Tue Jun 17, 2008 6:33 pm

WhiteRider wrote:1. Yes, that's correct. Please be aware that at the moment this is a weighted average, players with more hands affect the value more than those with few hands. Unweighted average will be added.

This is a big problem for me, it would be excellent if it was fixed soon. Weighted average is absolutely useless, the player with 10x as many hands does not sit in 10x as many seats.
tribefan9

Postby ChrisD » Tue Jun 17, 2008 8:17 pm

I agree - I think this section (table stats) should be configurable to take only the last n hands at the table. It's incredibly useful to be able to tell which tables are suddenly playing crazy, or which tables have been tight and nitty and worth getting up from.

Conversely, it's useless to have an average of the VPIP of everyone at the table, weighted on hands.
ChrisD

Postby WhiteRider » Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:17 am

I agree too, and further options to do with taking stats from the last X hands will be added, so I hope what you suggest will be possible.
WhiteRider

Postby tarix » Wed Jun 18, 2008 8:15 am

Also we need a way to filter out nits and possible TAGs too. I don't really want a bunch of rocks making it seem like a table is bad when two of the players have VP$IP over 70 ...
tarix
Developer

Return to General [Read Only]